What kind of PC do I need?

Hi All,

So I am wanting to build my first PC. To be clear I have had loads of PC's in the past , all pre-built and essentially ready to go. I am an XBox gamer and not really into the whole PC gaming thing. What I need is a PC that is future proof, and can have components either swapped out due to a fault or to upgrade in the futrue. I need a system that I can do programming with as well as general web surfing. I do a lot of Auto Cad 3D design and photo editing. At the minuet I am running a  Raspberry Pi 4B, which is a great little unit, but as it is light weight I need something with a full set up so I do not get restricted on full programs.

In advance THANK YOU!.

6 minutes ago, David Goodier said:

Hi All,

So I am wanting to build my first PC. To be clear I have had loads of PC's in the past , all pre-built and essentially ready to go. I am an XBox gamer and not really into the whole PC gaming thing. What I need is a PC that is future proof, and can have components either swapped out due to a fault or to upgrade in the futrue. I need a system that I can do programming with as well as general web surfing. I do a lot of Auto Cad 3D design and photo editing. At the minuet I am running a  Raspberry Pi 4B, which is a great little unit, but as it is light weight I need something with a full set up so I do not get restricted on full programs.

In advance THANK YOU!.

"Future proofing" should not be your goal if you are not ready to drop lots of cash. With that said, AMD athlon 3000G or any 3rd gen G series CPU should do you fine. No need for dedicated GPU.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

Brill, at the minute I am not looking to drop loads of cash, but I will want to upgrade in the future. :) What processor, ram etc?