AMP

Mentu

Hello everyone,

I got myself the Beyerdynamic DT990s in the 600 Ohm variant and now am thinking of getting an AMP.

The question is: for about 200€ what would be a good AMP?

Thanks in advance,

Mentu.

31 minutes ago, Mentu said:

Hello everyone,

I got myself the Beyerdynamic DT990s in the 600 Ohm variant and now am thinking of getting an AMP.

Thanks in advance,

Mentu.

If you really wanna drive those things hard with minimal quality loss, and minimal colouration, Meier audio amps are a great choice.

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Since your in Europe a schiit magni 3+ or a schiit heresy.  Personally I think the monoprice liquid spark pairs best with Beyers as they have a quality to them that really adds warmth and smooths out the treble rather nicely

On 2/21/2020 at 11:19 AM, Mentu said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Mentu.

I'd go with a hybrid amp for those. As @rice guru mentioned, the Liquid Spark may have a decay on the high frequencies, but I don't think it's enough to tame Beyers. The Drop CTH may do the trick. For better options, Schiit Lyr 3 or Liquid Platinum.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:06 PM, rice guru said:

Since your in Europe a schiit magni 3+ or a schiit heresy.  Personally I think the monoprice liquid spark pairs best with Beyers as they have a quality to them that really adds warmth and smooths out the treble rather nicely

What's the actual difference between the 3+ and the heresy?

On 2/23/2020 at 1:18 AM, HumdrumPenguin said:

I'd go with a hybrid amp for those. As @rice guru mentioned, the Liquid Spark may have a decay on the high frequencies, but I don't think it's enough to tame Beyers. The Drop CTH may do the trick. For better options, Schiit Lyr 3 or Liquid Platinum.

Its kinda hard to get anything Drop wise since they are American based and import tax from America goes through the roof.

1 hour ago, Mentu said:

What's the actual difference between the 3+ and the heresy?

Its kinda hard to get anything Drop wise since they are American based and import tax from America goes through the roof.

The 3+ sounds warmer and not as clean and the heresy aims for a clinical super clean sound. The heresy also measures  cleaner and is basically a JD's labs atom but with more power