How much would someone pay for my pc?

Distorted_doggo

Just got a sweet deal on a new 1440p monitor and my old system cant hold up. I built it in 2017 (which was probably the worst time to build considering ram shortages) and added a few new parts in the past 3 years. On the used market I found that in parts alone the PC is worth $240. 

SPECS:

Pentium G4400- $40

MSI H110M PRO-VD- $40

XFX RX 560- $80

8GB DDR4 2133mhz- $30

240gb SSD- $30

Case- $20

But selling it complete locally could get me more, it looks like "gaming" pc with RGB, so someone looking for a gaming pc might buy it because of that and I can raise the price. Putting a new SSD in it and giving it a new install of windows will make it look very appealing to the local boomer looking for a new pc for his grandson. How much would you guys pay for it?

Honestly I would pay like 100 max for that. I would list it at around 240 though and see if someone takes it. I've sold around 10 PCs on craigslist and have never found anyone willing to pay a premium for it being "custom built" 

Most likely $150 to $200 because it is a "used" system. I would advertise it at $200 and let negotiations take it wherever. Don't try to cheat out people though, as it's not cool.

I build computers and networks. Fibre Optic is my only dream imaginable. 

Studying for my CompTIA A+ and my CCNA, if you have any tips, let me know please!

Main PC: i5 8400, Saphire RX 570 4GB, ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming, 32GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper RAM, 256GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 550W Evga PSU.

Home Server: 2x Xeon e5410, 64GB DDR2 ECC

12 minutes ago, Distorted_doggo said:

Just got a sweet deal on a new 1440p monitor and my old system cant hold up. I built it in 2017 (which was probably the worst time to build considering ram shortages) and added a few new parts in the past 3 years. On the used market I found that in parts alone the PC is worth $240. 

SPECS:

Pentium G4400- $40

MSI H110M PRO-VD- $40

XFX RX 560- $80

8GB DDR4 2133mhz- $30

240gb SSD- $30

Case- $20

But selling it complete locally could get me more, it looks like "gaming" pc with RGB, so someone looking for a gaming pc might buy it because of that and I can raise the price. Putting a new SSD in it and giving it a new install of windows will make it look very appealing to the local boomer looking for a new pc for his grandson. How much would you guys pay for it?

I should say the PC still plays games fine, CSGO runs at around 100fps and more intensive games run at 45~60 fps, its a solid preformer even today

2 minutes ago, Distorted_doggo said:

I should say the PC still plays games fine, CSGO runs at around 100fps and more intensive games run at 45~60 fps, its a solid preformer even today

100 fps in CSGO is easily obtainable. a $200 starting point is a good and fair price point.

I build computers and networks. Fibre Optic is my only dream imaginable. 

Studying for my CompTIA A+ and my CCNA, if you have any tips, let me know please!

Main PC: i5 8400, Saphire RX 570 4GB, ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming, 32GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper RAM, 256GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 550W Evga PSU.

Home Server: 2x Xeon e5410, 64GB DDR2 ECC