Apply Thermal Paste to AIO?

I’ve just installed my CPU and now I’m installing my AIO.  It’s the Corsair H100i Platinum SE.  My understanding is that it comes with thermal paste pre-applied.  Is that good enough, or should I apply my own?

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

It will most likely be fine. If you do decide to apply your own thermal paste, though, make sure to remove the already applied one.

It depends on how old the thermal paste is. You should be fine with an H100i Platinum, but I would make sure it hasn't dried out. I got an H80i V2 where the thermal paste was so hard it didn't spread at all after installing it. It could have been a one time fluke, but ever since I've checked the thermal paste on an AIO before installing it. 

11 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

I’ve just installed my CPU and now I’m installing my AIO.  It’s the Corsair H100i Platinum SE.  My understanding is that it comes with thermal paste pre-applied.  Is that good enough, or should I apply my own?

The Verge says to add more, and if the Verge says to do it, they're wrong.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.