Windows 10 update broke my connection

I installed the latest w10 update on february the 14th, and since then my desktop pc has stopped connecting to the internet via ethernet. Also my w7 laptop doesn't work in the same way. At first i thought it was the modem's problem so i got it replaced but it didn't change a thing. Every other device in the house works normally with wifi (ps3, samsung s8 and tab 2). I tried uninstalling a couple of updates from friday night but it was ineffective.

12 minutes ago, Master?! said:

I installed the latest w10 update on february the 14th, and since then my desktop pc has stopped connecting to the internet via ethernet. Also my w7 laptop doesn't work in the same way. At first i thought it was the modem's problem so i got it replaced but it didn't change a thing. Every other device in the house works normally with wifi (ps3, samsung s8 and tab 2). I tried uninstalling a couple of updates from friday night but it was ineffective.

Yeah windows10 sucks like that.  They will randomly turn off different compatibilities and support for various bits with updates.  They killed my 144hz wuxga monitor some months ago.  It’s going to cost me $400+ to get something that’s not even as good as what I had.  I’m still mad about it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Master?! said:

I already saw this fix but i don't even have that KB4524244 one installed...

My problems started in January.  That particular update gets a lot of press but I’ve seen repetitive problems with 1909 in general on older machines.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

My problems started in January.  That particular update gets a lot of press but I’ve seen repetitive problems with 1909 in general on older machines.

And 1903. And not so older machines too :P

I bought a laptop in January last year. It came with Win 10 1809. Soon after, it got the 1903 update: wifi was gone. It basically broke the driver beyond repair. Don't ask me how. I had to factory reset the laptop. I turned to dual-boot with Linux Mint that day.

Btw, guess which Win 10 version Is currently installed in that laptop? But, of course, forcing security unrelated updates increases security, sure... 9_9

Nevermind, i deleted a couple more of those KB update and it worked, forgot to write down which though

3 minutes ago, Master?! said:

Nevermind, i deleted a couple more of those KB update and it worked, forgot to write down which though

Nevermind^2 it worked for 10 min then stopped again