Intel x520 sfp+ speed issues

ahmadafef

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have an idea if the intel x520 sfp+ can work in full 10Gbps upload/download simultaneously?

We need to download a content using one port at 10Gbps and reroute it using the other port at 10GGbps but the card will do this at 5Gbps.

Is this a limitation of the card or there is something that I need to do to fix it? 

Thank you!

From my experience one port will not do effectively 20Gbit (10Gbit in both directions simultaneously). It's 10Gbit in one direction or the other.

Depending on the task you might be able to Link Aggregate two 10Gbit links to pass 10Gbit in one direction then 10Gbit in the other while maintaining one IP address on both ends. Assuming there's multiple clients this could work.

45 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

From my experience one port will not do effectively 20Gbit (10Gbit in both directions simultaneously). It's 10Gbit in one direction or the other.

Depending on the task you might be able to Link Aggregate two 10Gbit links to pass 10Gbit in one direction then 10Gbit in the other while maintaining one IP address on both ends. Assuming there's multiple clients this could work.

the intel x520 has two ports, so in theory it has more possibility of being done.

Check your CPU usage when you reroute traffic