Distro Plate problem?

ChrisZH

It looks like a lot of bubbles showed up in my loop. I've never had so many before but idk why it's happening? Is this normal for distro plate loops? Its in all the tubes and blocks.

IMG_20200218_183436.jpg

I've never built a custom loop, so I could be right out to lunch, but I don't believe there should be any bubbles at all. Distro plate or not.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I've had tiny bubbles before, but that was with a res not a distro. I'm wondering if my pump is just too strong?

1 hour ago, ChrisZH said:

I've had tiny bubbles before, but that was with a res not a distro. I'm wondering if my pump is just too strong?

If I recall you cleaned your loop recently, was it properly rinsed out before refilling? That looks very much like detergent or soap bubbles and not just from turbulence from filling. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

If I recall you cleaned your loop recently, was it properly rinsed out before refilling? That looks very much like detergent or soap bubbles and not just from turbulence from filling. 

Yes, I cleaned my gpu block but rinsed thoroughly with distilled water. Other than that, the tubes that I bent used Dawn as lubricant. But after every bend I washed the tubes once they were correct length.

2 hours ago, ChrisZH said:

What coolant is this? or is this just distilled water?

6 hours ago, ChrisZH said:

Yes, I cleaned my gpu block but rinsed thoroughly with distilled water. Other than that, the tubes that I bent used Dawn as lubricant. But after every bend I washed the tubes once they were correct length.

Might be some residual dawn soap or something reacting with the fluid if it's coolant in the loop. 

lightly tap the tubes with a screwdriver or pen and watch the tiny bubbles float away. I had that on my first fill (albeit not quite as extreme as this) but they shifted pretty fast after I tapped around the tubes 

I would agree this looks more like residue to have as many but give it a try and see what happens