PC turns off after starting up games

JABotage00
Go to solution Solved by PRTI,

Most definitely a PSU problem, if you can try to use another one instead of the Antec one, but to be honest even if it isn't the PSU you should get a better one for that system.

So about a week ago my computer started to turn off shortly after I would launch certain games. It happens in Rainbow 6 Siege, Apex legends and COD MW as far as I've tested. It happens when I'm loading into the main menu of each game. Less demanding games like Minecraft, Terraria and Duck Game don't do it though. Borderlands 3 also works fine.

When it happens, the screens go black, fans stop spinning but my RAM RGB stays on. I have to switch off my PSU and hold my power button down until the RAM RGB turns off then I can turn it back on again.

I've monitored my CPU, GPU and RAM usage when it happens but they are all under 50% usage. My temps are fine also, nothing over 50C. I've re-seated all my components and the CMOS battery but have had no success. I've also reset all my over-clocks.

My PC had been running fine for about a year prior to this then a week ago suddenly stared doing it. As far as I can remember I didn't update drivers or windows, but after it stared happening I updated them but it didn't fix it either.

Specs:

CPU:        Ryzen 5 2600X
MOBO:    MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM:       G.Skill Trident Z 3000 MHz 2x8GB
GPU:       ASUS 1070 8GB Strix
PSU:       Antec 520W 80+ bronze

Most definitely a PSU problem, if you can try to use another one instead of the Antec one, but to be honest even if it isn't the PSU you should get a better one for that system.

15 hours ago, PRTI said:

I've changed out my PSU for a 500W EVGA 80+ bronze and the issue has since vanished.

Thank you!