nvidia geforce 940m problem

Hello! i have this acer laptop that i bought from a friend  its the acer aspire e 14 its a model from 2015. And i have been having gpu artifacting :( only in game, when im browsing the web or watching YouTube vids there is no artifacting. also to note when i first got this laptop i updated the game ready driver on the geforce experience app, then when i opened the geforce experience app i saw green dots on the screen flickering then in game like LoL, i had lines show up aside from the dots. so i tried uninstalling the new game ready driver and the artifacting went away but my performance in game like LoL dropped significantly and i had to put all my setting on the lowest just to play :( but my gpu is capable of playing on high  when i install the new game drivers but ofc the artifacting comes back. the problem is definitely the dedicated gpu not the integrated but i dont know if  my gpu is dying or the game ready driver is causing the artifacting. 

I would really appreciate if you guys can help me.

thanks

definitely seems like your igpu is working fine but your dedicated gpu is having issues. does the artifacting happen right away or does it take awhile in games? (may be overheating)

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Check the temperatures. Otherwise your gpu might be broken

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

On 2/18/2020 at 2:40 PM, AntiTrust said:

definitely seems like your igpu is working fine but your dedicated gpu is having issues. does the artifacting happen right away or does it take awhile in games? (may be overheating)

it happens right away the moment you enter anything that uses 3rd stuff. but i haven't thought about overheating mhhh im not sure cuz it just happens the moment i update the drivers. ive thought about cleaning the laptop and replacing its thermal paste.  

it goes away when i uninstall the new drivers but the performance drops. but thank you for all replying :)   

update: just did a full reset and the artifacts are there even without updating the drivers :( do you think my gpu is dying?

On 2/18/2020 at 7:37 AM, adrianisnick27 said:

Hello! i have this acer laptop that i bought from a friend  its the acer aspire e 14 its a model from 2015. And i have been having gpu artifacting :( only in game, when im browsing the web or watching YouTube vids there is no artifacting. also to note when i first got this laptop i updated the game ready driver on the geforce experience app, then when i opened the geforce experience app i saw green dots on the screen flickering then in game like LoL, i had lines show up aside from the dots. so i tried uninstalling the new game ready driver and the artifacting went away but my performance in game like LoL dropped significantly and i had to put all my setting on the lowest just to play :( but my gpu is capable of playing on high  when i install the new game drivers but ofc the artifacting comes back. the problem is definitely the dedicated gpu not the integrated but i dont know if  my gpu is dying or the game ready driver is causing the artifacting. 

I would really appreciate if you guys can help me.

thanks

The GPU is fried, and there's nothing you can do about it. Your friend ripped you off.