Alternative software to save "clips" from game?

Go to solution Solved by .Apex.,
22 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

No the overlay has never worked on siege (I have had this PC for about 3-4 months, but I don't know if I ever tried siege when I still had the 2019 drivers). I don't necessarily think it's an issue on AMD's side, simply because almost none of my other in game overlays work withe siege. And also like I said, it seems to work with every other game I play.

I assume you're on WIndows 10, you can use Windows Game Bar, I find it a lot more reliable and useful than AMD's broken Relive, it also does have a replay feature.

You can access it by hitting Win + G by default but make sure it's enabled in settings. (works on desktop too)

So I have always had software issues with Rainbow Six siege on my new PC build, but it pretty much doesn't work with any program I have that uses any kind of in-game overlay (except for the Uplay overlay of course). My radeon Adrenaline overlay simply doesn't work, if I try to open discord overlay in a match the game freezes, and it causes ASUS aura to stop working while i'm playing. I've just kind of dealt with this for now but I use Adrenaline's Instant Replay feature a lot (and it works fine for any other game I play), and I would really like to be able to save the last 60 seconds of gameplay while playing siege. It has only worked once for me on siege randomly, and Adrenaline pretty much crashes and won't start again after I play siege until I reboot my PC completely. The overlay never opens and if I use the hotkey to save a replay I usually find the replay file is just a video of a green background.

Since I don't think I will find a solution to this issue I was hoping someone knew of a different software that also has an instant replay feature similar to Adrenaline that I could use instead?

Previous version of Drivers work?

Ala Prior to the 2020 drivers...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

2 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Previous version of Drivers work?

Ala Prior to the 2020 drivers...

No the overlay has never worked on siege (I have had this PC for about 3-4 months, but I don't know if I ever tried siege when I still had the 2019 drivers). I don't necessarily think it's an issue on AMD's side, simply because almost none of my other in game overlays work withe siege. And also like I said, it seems to work with every other game I play.

22 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

I assume you're on WIndows 10, you can use Windows Game Bar, I find it a lot more reliable and useful than AMD's broken Relive, it also does have a replay feature.

You can access it by hitting Win + G by default but make sure it's enabled in settings. (works on desktop too)

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 hour ago, _Syn_ said:

Honestly didn't even know windows had this feature, thanks for the tip. Hopefully down the road AMD fixes it, since other than with Rainbow I sort of liked used Adrenaline. 

Just now, TheBahrbarian said:

Honestly didn't even know windows had this feature, thanks for the tip. Hopefully down the road AMD fixes it, since other than with Rainbow I sort of liked used Adrenaline. 

You can keep hoping, but AMD Relive has been broken since it was released back in 2016? it's still very buggy and will sometimes refuse to work randomly unless you force close the software, I've never had a consistent experience with it.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

• 2 weeks later...