Dell power manager software problem

Hello guys, 

I have the dell latitude 7400 and I use it with the Dell Dock WD19. It is constantly charging my laptop so it's always on 100%.

I have not found a way of turning off charging trough the dock using a physical button.

After searching online I've found an app Called "Dell Power Manager" which is supposed to be able to manage my charging. 

When I go to https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=h2vh9 

and scroll down to compatible systems It lists the Latitude 7400 as compatible

But when I try to install it (I did use Microsoft store and other versions) it was never able to complete the installation. 

So I checked the log file and it stated that my device is not compatible. 

Is there a way to fix the problem with Power manager? or maybe my device really isn't compatible?

and if so what other ways are there to turn off charging?

I'd like some help because this definitely is not healthy for my computer.

.. why would you not charge your battery?

this myth of having your battery on constant charge is really overrated, i've seen plenty of laptops blast way past the 4 year mark living on a dock 90% of the time.

the moment the battery is full, it stops charging. that's a function of your laptop, not the charger. if you insist on not 100% charging your battery to save battery durability, look into ways of limiting maximum charge to 75-80%. i know it's possible, but i've never bothered to figure it out, because in my experience modern laptops are smart enough to not wreck the battery in the first 4 years of usage even in the most extreme circumstances.