Cpu spike in games

gilne

Hello my cpu started to spike in games to a point where i cant even play the game, even simple demanding games like what the golf.

https://imgur.com/a/nrjftrA

even chrome is using 50% of my cpu.

it started to  when  i played a game and the screen just started to have weird pixels over all the screen then the computer crashed.

and then every time i start a game its slow like snail. is it my cpu or my hdmi cable.

What cpu is it? did the spikes come out of nowhere or has it been like this for a while?

Hello my cpu started to spike in games to a point where i cant even play the game, even simple demanding games like what the golf. https://imgur.com/a/nrjftrA even chrome is using 50% of my cpu. it started to when i played a game and the screen just started to have weird pixels over all the screen then the computer crashed. and then every time i start a game its slow like snail. is it my cpu or my hdmi cable.

The cpu is intel core i5-7500 3.4ghz https://imgur.com/a/sFnwVL0 its started yesterday when i played a game called legend of runeterra , it happen when 2 cards attacked each other then the screen just turned into weird pixels and just crashed.

I have Like White stripes all over my monitor.

specs

i5-7500 3.4ghz

16gb ram

Gtx 1060

250 ssd

1tb hdd

Those display issues sound more gpu related. Start with installing the latest nvidia drivers and see if the issue persists.

Try cleaning out your case, dust buildup could be thermal throttling your computer. Besides that, try booting into safe mode and see if you still get the same issue. What temperature is your cpu running at? use something like HWinfo to check. You can try wiggling the HDMI cable to see if it's dying on you too. Also run sfc /scannow in cmd prompt as an admin (google the cmd it'll tell you how to run it) and run any updates for windows. Those are a few troubleshooting steps that should point you in the right direction 

I think i figured it out there is a program called f.lux which make your screen more yellowish ,and its start automatic for me on start after i stopped it , the computer works just fine.

• 1 month later...

When I play a game like World of Tanks in my HP OMEN 880-181 Gaming Desktop (Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz Six-Core, NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR4, 256GB Solid State Drive + 1TB SATA HDD, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Win10Home) and I have a different issue.

I have Task manager up and I can see a CPU spike and the system (Game) just freezes, pandora in the BG just places the next few notes in very digitize slow notes this lasts just for about 1 or 2 seconds (just enough to get killed or fall off a cliff and drown) — looking at the longs nothing seems to jump out. Graphics are fine, temps are warm but not too hot — see this post 

Any clues or suggestions? All my drivers and OS are uptodate as far as I know. I get the HP and Microsoft sites.

9 minutes ago, bs207 said:

When I play a game like World of Tanks in my HP OMEN 880-181 Gaming Desktop (Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz Six-Core, NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR4, 256GB Solid State Drive + 1TB SATA HDD, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Win10Home) and I have a different issue.

I have Task manager up and I can see a CPU spike and the system (Game) just freezes, pandora in the BG just places the next few notes in very digitize slow notes this lasts just for about 1 or 2 seconds (just enough to get killed or fall off a cliff and drown) — looking at the longs nothing seems to jump out. Graphics are fine, temps are warm but not too hot — see this post 

Any clues or suggestions? All my drivers and OS are uptodate as far as I know. I get the HP and Microsoft sites.

it could be due to software or hardware, i'd run memtest86 and see if there are any ram errors, more likely it's some software acting out

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

I ran the HP diagnostic tool and it tested all the hardware (CPU, RAM, etc) and it said all is just fine... Should I still do the memtest86?

And late yesterday I found out it is not the game. It wasn't running and pandora was playing and the same peak occured.