MSI GS65 8RE Liquid Metal Mod

Jasun

Hey, so I'm planning to put liquid metal as my thermal paste in between my CPU / GPU and heatsink. I just want to know if anyone has already done this and can give me any suggestions. 

I know that it is dangerous (copper will be partly ruined from the gallium, short circuiting, etc.) but I'm willing to take that risk... for the temperature gains! (basically, don't tell me not to do it. unless there's a legit reason ty) :pp

If anyone has done it with any other laptops, I just want to know how y'all did it and what the results were. 

Also, please give me tips on how you guys did it because this is going to be my first time messing with liquid metal + opening up a laptop this complicated. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

7 hours ago, Jasun said:

Hey, so I'm planning to put liquid metal as my thermal paste in between my CPU / GPU and heatsink. I just want to know if anyone has already done this and can give me any suggestions. 

I know that it is dangerous (copper will be partly ruined from the gallium, short circuiting, etc.) but I'm willing to take that risk... for the temperature gains! (basically, don't tell me not to do it. unless there's a legit reason ty) :pp

If anyone has done it with any other laptops, I just want to know how y'all did it and what the results were. 

Also, please give me tips on how you guys did it because this is going to be my first time messing with liquid metal + opening up a laptop this complicated. 

plenty of info but don't do the gpu there no point in it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 2/13/2020 at 10:44 PM, thrasher_565 said:

plenty of info but don't do the gpu there no point in it.

and what's the reason? I just want to know why.

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

6 hours ago, Jasun said:

and what's the reason? I just want to know why.

it might be different on a laptop but for desk top gpus don't have a heat spreader so the heat sink attach to the cip. were as a cpu has a heat spreader and in between the chip and the heat spreader they some times cheap put on thermal past so replacing that helps alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_BsEwSM0ys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkHAYG-baqE

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links