Controlling Kraken X73 Fan Speed

Lapjun
Go to solution Solved by NOl,

I currently am using the Kraken X73, which is my first watercooling ever. I run a X3950 with it so I wanted to have the thermal mass, also because I want to use it with the Dune Pro case eventually.

That being said, I can put up curves for my pump in CAM just fine, but my fans simply don't show up. I connected it to the CPU-fan header, pump to pump-header, and used a splitter for the fans (since there are three) externally powered through a sata-connector (I have NO idea why this wasn't included for the price).

Now, the issue is, my fans jump up and down with temp spikes, which tend to vary every few seconds, so they are linked to CPU temp rather than water temp. Can't seem to set up the system to use water temp instead for some reason.

I am running it all on an MSI X570-Pro if that helps, but pointers would be cool.

On the NZXT website it says that the X73 fan speed can not be controlled, but what if you connect the fans to a splitter, which is then connected to a hub?  I have a H710i, which has a fan hub.

Also can the Z73 fan speed be controlled?  It does not say whether the fan speed can be controlled or not.

34 minutes ago, Lapjun said:

On the NZXT website it says that the X73 fan speed can not be controlled, but what if you connect the fans to a splitter, which is then connected to a hub?  I have a H710i, which has a fan hub.

Also can the Z73 fan speed be controlled?  It does not say whether the fan speed can be controlled or not.

Use the CAM software to control the fans.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

16 hours ago, vong said:

Use the CAM software to control the fans.

But specifically on the NZXT it says that the X series coolers fans can not be controlled.

5 hours ago, Lapjun said:

But specifically on the NZXT it says that the X series coolers fans can not be controlled.

Well I had an X62 and could control the fans via the CAM software. Don't know why they would want to remove that feature for the newer models.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

6 hours ago, Lapjun said:

From the NZXT X73 product page...

CAM provides sophisticated controls with an intuitive, user-friendly interface. Now with better sync for lighting across all NZXT RGB devices, full CAM integration allows you to manage your Kraken’s performance with precision, making adjustments with the click of a button.

I don't believe NZXT is referring to RGB when it comes to "manage your Kraken’s performance with precision" with CAM. Where are you getting your information?

17 hours ago, Blai5e said:

From the NZXT X73 product page...

I don't believe NZXT is referring to RGB when it comes to "manage your Kraken’s performance with precision" with CAM. Where are you getting your information?

On their website for Kraken X73 (At the bottom of the description)

*Fan control is not included with the Kraken X-3 series

https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-x73

• 1 month later...

I currently am using the Kraken X73, which is my first watercooling ever. I run a X3950 with it so I wanted to have the thermal mass, also because I want to use it with the Dune Pro case eventually.

That being said, I can put up curves for my pump in CAM just fine, but my fans simply don't show up. I connected it to the CPU-fan header, pump to pump-header, and used a splitter for the fans (since there are three) externally powered through a sata-connector (I have NO idea why this wasn't included for the price).

Now, the issue is, my fans jump up and down with temp spikes, which tend to vary every few seconds, so they are linked to CPU temp rather than water temp. Can't seem to set up the system to use water temp instead for some reason.

I am running it all on an MSI X570-Pro if that helps, but pointers would be cool.