Newbie build plan

AldiPrayogi

Hey I'm planning on building my first ever PC in the next week or so, so far I've chosen these parts for my build (budget is 750-775 USD):

PSU: Be Quiet System Power U9 500w

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (w/ its included fan)

GPU: INNO3D GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Twin X2 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

Storage: WD Green M.2 NVME 240gb SSD

Memory: Team Elite 16gb dual channel 3200MHz 

Case: AeroCool Aero One Frost Black

I'm planning to add a HDD in the next month since I'm on a tight budget now.

I have some questions:

1. I've found a great price for the GPU which puts it at the same price as 1660 Super but I don't know much about Inno3D's GPUs, does anyone have any experience with their products? Or should I stick with 1660 Super from other more mainstream brands?

2. Is the motherboard good enough? I'm not going to overclock the CPU since I'm planning this build to last for the next 5+ years anyway.

3. I'm going to use this PC for gaming, probably 2-4 hours a day for games such as Fallout, Skyrim, The Witcher III, Outer Worlds, etc. (I'm kinda a sucker for open world RPG games), would this be somewhat future proof? I'm guessing the GPU would suffer the most?

4. Your thoughts on this build.

Thank you! Please let me know what you think.

The motherboard is good enough for that CPU, but isn't great for future upgrades. Check out the motherboard tier list in my signature and try pick out a slightly better board. I'd highly reccomend using PC Partpicker (pcpartpicker.com) since it has parts from all major websites and automatically checks compatibility. For example, it would alert you that the motherboard you have chosen MIGHT not be compatibel out of the box with 3000-series CPUs. For that, I'd reccomend you pick an MSI "MAX" series board.

GPU will definitely suffer the most from future games, that CPU will remain great for years to come.

Do you by any chance live close to a MicroCenter store? If you do, prices go down significantly.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

If you live near a MicroCenter, you can get lots of stuff cheaper.

Otherwise, I'd recommend something like this:

Of course, you can change case/storage config as you wish. It might be worth spending the extra $50 for a 1TB SSD, but I wouldn't recommend going under 512GB

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

41 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

The motherboard is good enough for that CPU, but isn't great for future upgrades. Check out the motherboard tier list in my signature and try pick out a slightly better board. I'd highly reccomend using PC Partpicker (pcpartpicker.com) since it has parts from all major websites and automatically checks compatibility. For example, it would alert you that the motherboard you have chosen MIGHT not be compatibel out of the box with 3000-series CPUs. For that, I'd reccomend you pick an MSI "MAX" series board.

GPU will definitely suffer the most from future games, that CPU will remain great for years to come.

Do you by any chance live close to a MicroCenter store? If you do, prices go down significantly.

Hey thank you for the reply! I forgot to tell that I live in Indonesia (my bad) so parts are definitely more expensive than in the US though. The price I listed have been converted to USD from Indonesian Rupiah, my budget was 10,500,000 IDR, or roughly 770$ and the parts I used are from https://www.enterkomputer.com. I don't really mind the compatibility since they offer free BIOS update for the motherboard anyway. But I feel like the board itself isn't that well built so I'm kinda reconsidering the Gigabyte for the MSI Pro-VDH Max.

35 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

If you live near a MicroCenter, you can get lots of stuff cheaper.

Otherwise, I'd recommend something like this:

Of course, you can change case/storage config as you wish. It might be worth spending the extra $50 for a 1TB SSD, but I wouldn't recommend going under 512GB

Thank you for the parts list man. For the PSU I read through the PSU tier list and saw that the Be Quiet System Power U9 is a tier above Seasonic S12III and is only 1USD more expensive than the latter anyway so I'll choose Be Quiet. Also, I don't think I'll be able to afford the Radeon RX5600:( They are still around 1,000,000 IDR or 73USD more than the 1660ti which sucks. I'm planning to add a 1tb hard drive in the next month (which I think is quite enough for my use case) and another 1tb external hard drive to swap around files from and to my other laptop easily, hence why I think a 240gb is enough. Anyway, thanks for the thoughts man, highly appreciate it!

Yeah, i agree on the above with the motherboard.get one that has a heatsink on the vrms.

The gpu is ok, if it's at a good price, go for it. 

Any chance you can find a ssd with dram? Wd green is pretty slow.

The rest looks ok

4 hours ago, boggy77 said:

Yeah, i agree on the above with the motherboard.get one that has a heatsink on the vrms.

The gpu is ok, if it's at a good price, go for it. 

Any chance you can find a ssd with dram? Wd green is pretty slow.

The rest looks ok

I don't think I can find one on my budget unfortunately. Thank you for the input!

From my experience, the 1660 Ti is not that much of an upgrade over the 1660 Super. Like, single digit improvement, but if you have the money for it or can get it for a similar or cheaper price than a Super, no reason not to.

Gaming PC

CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: EVGA 2060 Super XC Ultra Gaming MB: MSI Prestige X570 Creation 

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 NVME: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Gold 1000w Case: Corsair 680X RGB Black

NAS/Media Box

CPU: Ryzen 3200G  MB: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 M.2: WD Blue 500 GB

PSU: Rosewill Photon 850W 80+ Gold Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo

16 hours ago, LaughingHyena said:

From my experience, the 1660 Ti is not that much of an upgrade over the 1660 Super. Like, single digit improvement, but if you have the money for it or can get it for a similar or cheaper price than a Super, no reason not to.

Yeah I've watched several comparison videos between the Super and Ti, seems like the Super is a better bang for the buck GPU. Thanks man, appreciate the insight!