SMART Command Timeout (Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8tb)

Hi,

I bought this drive almost a year ago, I have been monitoring the SMART values since the day I got it. 

2 months ago I noticed an increase in the value of "Command Timeout" which stayed the same up until today.

I tested the drive using different tools. All came out fine.

Should I be worrying about this value? Or are Seagate values interpreted differently? What could have caused the issue?

(Screenshot below:)

image.png.de3dbda0558a591cdf7715176afaa1c1.png

According to Acronis:

This is a critical parameter. Degradation of this parameter may indicate serious problems with power supply or an oxidized data cable. Urgent data backup and hardware replacement is recommended.

So basically if you see it constantly going up, maybe time to worry, but it happening only once seems unlikely to be a problem.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Download and install SeaTools for Windows, it is better to use tools made by the manufacturer. The algorithms can be read differently by third-party tools, since this possibility exists it is better to use the official tool just in case and the other tools like secondary tools only, but you better rely on this one for final status of the HDD.

You can also check to see if you have FW updates available: https://apps1.seagate.com/downloads/request.html

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming