GPU that will run 4-6 Monitors and be modern enough to run Games?

Magnetar_Byte

I have a system for a friend thats got a R5 1600 but the GPU is pretty old. He uses a lot of Monitors up to 6 some times.

Any GPU that supports that?

Also doesn't the CPU limit the amount of displays u can have, I swear I heard there's a limit to the amount u can have for a single card with certain CPUs?

I was thinking these so far:

- RX 580

- RX 5500 (maybe too new for him tho)

Thanks for the help :)

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......

the cpu doesn't limit the max displays the gpu can output to.

you would need a card with more outputs than I have on my 1080, so getting around that limitation is way harder. Linus did a video about a card with 6 HDBaseT outputs, but that is technically a low end radeon gpu.

10 minutes ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

RX 5500 (maybe too new for him tho)

Its also just a bad value GPU.

10 minutes ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

- RX 580

This one can do 4 displays. (5 through a hub)

So either you need to get a GPU that is made to do multiple displays. Or you will need to look at 2 GPU solutions, either using the iGPU or a seperate GPU. 

9 hours ago, Mephi00 said:

the cpu doesn't limit the max displays the gpu can output to.

you would need a card with more outputs than I have on my 1080, so getting around that limitation is way harder. Linus did a video about a card with 6 HDBaseT outputs, but that is technically a low end radeon gpu.

alrit what can limit it then I swear I saw somewhere that AMD's drivers said they can't output to more then 4 displays.

9 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Its also just a bad value GPU.

This one can do 4 displays. (5 through a hub)

So either you need to get a GPU that is made to do multiple displays. Or you will need to look at 2 GPU solutions, either using the iGPU or a seperate GPU. 

A hub? I've never heard of a hub that can double your Vid outputs? U mind showing me some?

I've heard about using 2 gpus but doesn't that fuck with the system? FOr instance how will I tell it to use this GPU aka the 580 or other new one for gameing but don't use the other or the iGPU?

29 minutes ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

A hub? I've never heard of a hub that can double your Vid outputs? U mind showing me some?

I've heard about using 2 gpus but doesn't that fuck with the system? FOr instance how will I tell it to use this GPU aka the 580 or other new one for gameing but don't use the other or the iGPU?

Windows would use the gpu the screen's connected to to render anything 3d on the respective screen, so main monitor with 1080 and a secondary on the igpu, so everything rendered on the main screen will be rendered by the 1080

6 minutes ago, Mephi00 said:

Windows would use the gpu the screen's connected to to render anything 3d on the respective screen, so main monitor with 1080 and a secondary on the igpu, so everything rendered on the main screen will be rendered by the 1080.

Alrit  but If I'm using 2 gpus I'm gonna have to put 2 into the GPU im using for gaming. I only want 1 monitor for gaming. 

Is that not possible or I guess doesn it not matter?

1 hour ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

me neither actually, but apperantly its a thing. 

so sadly i dont have any details for you

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PB8FB4G/ref=as_li_ss_tl?creativeASIN=B00PB8FB4G&linkCode=w61&imprToken=EAB44bcVTXntXPnzLjafzw&slotNum=14&tag=mmcct-20

other than that this is a thing. 

1 hour ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

windows can select a primary rendering (high performance) GPU, as such you should be fine running some cheap GPU together with a newer one. 

there are also expencive dedicated display GPUs

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8yvRsY/visiontek-video-card-900614

like these things, that do 6 displays at once. in the end, id probably just get something low end to pair next to the main GPU. 

kinda sad that 6 monitor support is seen as a enterprise feature. 

5 hours ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

me neither actually, but apperantly its a thing. 

https://www.displayport.org/cables/driving-multiple-displays-from-a-single-displayport-output/

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

10 hours ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

Alrit  but If I'm using 2 gpus I'm gonna have to put 2 into the GPU im using for gaming. I only want 1 monitor for gaming. 

Is that not possible or I guess doesn it not matter?

The second screen won‘t really impact your performance, unless you‘re rendering on that screen ;D