Slow wifi speed using mobile hotspot but not on home wifi

Just installed linux mint on a second hard drive on my pc. Everything works great except, my internet speed when using my mobile hotspot.

My home network is a wireless 4g router and is almost useless most of the time due to many users(my family) and poor connection. To get around this problem ive used my phone as a hotspot since i get better speed.

Ive been using it for about 2 years and in windows there is no problem. I get easily  10 mb/s down and 3-5mb/s up with it.

However, in linux i get less then 0.5mb/s up and down. 

Updated the drivers for my network card and if im on my 4g wifi i can alteast hit 1-2mb/s and if no one is on it i get around 5-7mb/s.

Im new to linux so i dont know much about it therefor im turning to this community for help.

My wireless network adapter is a; Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 03)

Does usb tethering work better?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

Does usb tethering work better?

The speed got a little bit better but still not usable. +my house has alot of grey area for celluar connection so the only place where i get good connection with my phone is way out of usb reach.

4 hours ago, Sle3ven said:

The speed got a little bit better but still not usable. +my house has alot of grey area for celluar connection so the only place where i get good connection with my phone is way out of usb reach.

So it seems like it might be a problem with your wifi adapter's driver... what model is it? You should be able to find out with

lspci

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 hours ago, Sauron said:

So it seems like it might be a problem with your wifi adapter's driver... what model is it? You should be able to find out with

lspci

02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 03)

1 hour ago, Sle3ven said:

02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 03)

Have you tried installing bcmwl-kernel-source?

If not,

sudo apt install bcmwl-kernel-source
sudo modprobe -r b43 ssb wl brcmfmac brcmsmac bcma
sudo modprobe wl

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 hours ago, Sauron said:

Have you tried installing bcmwl-kernel-source?

If not,

sudo modprobe -r b43 ssb wl brcmfmac brcmsmac bcma
sudo modprobe wl

Driver manager says that bcmwl-kernel-source is already installed and in use.

If i run 

i get; bcmwl-kernel-source is already the newest version (6.30.223.271+bdcom-0ubuntu5~18.04.1).

3 minutes ago, Sle3ven said:

Driver manager says that bcmwl-kernel-source is already installed and in use.

If i run 

i get; bcmwl-kernel-source is already the newest version (6.30.223.271+bdcom-0ubuntu5~18.04.1).

Then it's possible your adapter just isn't well supported by broadcom on Linux, unfortunately that can happen. If you can, try staying closer to your phone.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

28 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Then it's possible your adapter just isn't well supported by broadcom on Linux, unfortunately that can happen. If you can, try staying closer to your phone.

Was worried that this was the case, well. Thanks for helping, ill just have to find another way.

1 minute ago, Sle3ven said:

Was worried that this was the case, well. Thanks for helping, ill just have to find another way.

Actually now that I think about it there's one more thing you can try - check if your phone is broadcasting on the 5GHz band and if it is, switch to 2.4GHz.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

16 hours ago, Sauron said:

Actually now that I think about it there's one more thing you can try - check if your phone is broadcasting on the 5GHz band and if it is, switch to 2.4GHz.

Unfortunately it is using 2.4GHz so its not that.