Inspired to do my first build

Well....as the title says I've been a long time follower on youtube ( have been on these forums for about 3 minutes now ? )

So.....reading the recommended stuff for posting here will lead me to this.

1. I am situated in fairyland Denmark ( not really that fairie like....but good place to live i guess ). My budget for my build is pretty fluid but I'd like to keep it around 10-15k DKR ( 1500-2200 dollars ).

2. My system is for playing and streaming ( i don't do a lot of streaming and when I do it's without cam ).

3. 3-4 monitors - aim is to get similar screens instead of my very messy setup right now - using 3 now ( Samsung curved 27" and Samsung 24" flat on the sides and an ASUS 27" 144 mhz in the middle ( main screen ).

4. Nope...got everything!

5. I am upgrading cause my old i5 ( 3 years old ) is bottlenecking the system just playing pubg has it going 100% and my 1060 6 gb GPU needs a little upgrade too. I am going for noise reduction as the case is at table height to avoid dust on floor and I am thinking about doing a little bit of rgb styling with phantek M1 and maybe some rbg lights on the fans ( but that is purely for show ).

So....I already bought the cabinet I want - be quiet! Pure Base 500 ATX Mid Tower in gray with tempered glas side. I also bought a PSU that I had to return to the company as it turned out the voltage was wrong compared to the motherboards I'd been looking at.

So here is the list of what I am thinking - but ANY ideas are welcome ( just back em with a good reason ) :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700F 3 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler

CASE: be quiet Pure Base 500 Gray w. tempered glas side.

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
HDD: Samsung 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive &2 X Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA+ Video Card

Would you consider ryzen? A 3600 would have similar performance in games as a 9700, while handling streaming better due to multithreading and being cheaper.

I'd change your storage as well. Samsung is overpriced for a sata ssd, while crucial p1 is qlc, which is slower than tlc drives that can be had for a similar price.

I would consider Ryzen - but in that case I am even more on bare ground as I now absolutely nothing about motherboards and ryzen - I am guessing I need another Motherboard to support AMD right?

Go for it! Take @boggy77's advice with the Ryzen. Yes, you do need a different motherboard to support AMD (usually it's AM4). Just my $0.02, you should use PCPartPicker when building the PC. It's super useful and the built in compatibility check is perfect.

Edit: ninja'd by boggy77 but the point still stands.

Edited by silicon_lottery
ninja'd by boggy77
8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

A turd with an HDMI cable jammed into it is more powerful than a MacBook Air, and up until this year it had a better display, too.

☢️ Know Your Allergens: ☢️

Pollen | Plastic | Radiation | Antimatter

part list

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to show where I ended up - it took a little digging, listening to people here and other places - and of course it all got changed by a good offer from MSI :D

15 minutes ago, JasparDark said:

Memory

any reason why you went with 4x8 instead of 16x2?

also I think you could dial it down on the 1000W and go with a 750W 80+ gold unit instead.

(I ran your build through a PSU calculator and it said 542 Watts recommended)

3 hours ago, JasparDark said:

I wanted to show where I ended up - it took a little digging, listening to people here and other places - and of course it all got changed by a good offer from MSI :D

You should have posted that spec before you bought it, as it isn't ideal.

Motherboard, SSD's and PSU are the main issues.

The MSI X570 boards are rubbish until you hit the Unify. You would have been better getting a B450 Tomahawk MAX. The X570-A Pro is literally one of the worst X570 boards ?

Why the expensive SSD's ? A Gen 4 is pointless for a gaming pc, and Samsung are usually overpriced.

You should have gone with a better 650W PSU. That 1000W BeQuiet is a bit meh. 

A 2 x 16GB kit would have been what I would have gone with, but not a major issue. 

@lee32uk I think you need to clarify about this - from what I've read X570 A-Pro is one of the best mid-range motherboards I could get.

In regards to the PSU - I actually got the 1000W cheaper than the 750 or 850 is selling for - don't know why ( maybe they couldn't get rid of it )

4 8 GB slots - I have to confess here....it is utterly about the RGB and pimp....don't even need 32 gb for gaming so it's just for show ( and if I decide to sell it to some young kid they will be very impressed ). ?

Considering the SSD to be a problem because I decided to go for a better one and paying the price for it - seems a bit snobbish to me tbh....?

22 minutes ago, JasparDark said:

@lee32uk I think you need to clarify about this - from what I've read X570 A-Pro is one of the best mid-range motherboards I could get.

In regards to the PSU - I actually got the 1000W cheaper than the 750 or 850 is selling for - don't know why ( maybe they couldn't get rid of it )

4 8 GB slots - I have to confess here....it is utterly about the RGB and pimp....don't even need 32 gb for gaming so it's just for show ( and if I decide to sell it to some young kid they will be very impressed ). ?

Considering the SSD to be a problem because I decided to go for a better one and paying the price for it - seems a bit snobbish to me tbh....?

Nope it is one of the worst. You would have been better going with something like a B450 Tomahawk MAX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbyWKufthS4

They probably couldn't get rid of that psu because 99% of people don't need a 1000W psu. A good 650W Gold unit like a Corsair TXM would have been a much better buy.

How am I being snobbish about the SSD ? A Gen 4 SSD is pointless for the majority of users. Unless you are doing heavy workloads and moving lots of large data around then even a SATA SSD is good enough for gaming. 

@lee32uk It was more about the Samsung "hate" I was thinking.

Awrighty - gonna go swap the motherboard - ASUS TUF GAMING X570 seems to be okay?

1 minute ago, JasparDark said:

@lee32uk It was more about the Samsung "hate" I was thinking.

Awrighty - gonna go swap the motherboard - ASUS TUF GAMING X570 seems to be okay?

That or the Prime-P for less are solid choices, even a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max is enough ;)

@lee32uk I am a little restricted in the choice if I wanna get it from the same shop - otherwise I'd have to wait for the stuff to be shipped.

I am also thinking that unboxing hardware used a 3900X Ryzen 9 and stress tested the crap out of it - where I will be playing pubg, anno1800 and other stuff lilke that while obs streaming ( why I chose the AMD which I am totally noob at )

Also for less and better performance, you can go with this :

10 minutes ago, JasparDark said:

@lee32uk I am a little restricted in the choice if I wanna get it from the same shop - otherwise I'd have to wait for the stuff to be shipped.

I am also thinking that unboxing hardware used a 3900X Ryzen 9 and stress tested the crap out of it - where I will be playing pubg, anno1800 and other stuff lilke that while obs streaming ( why I chose the AMD which I am totally noob at )

Which store you buying from ?

That review did show a 3900X but it just shows the limits of that board if you ever went with a 3900X in the future. 

@lee32uk Ah well they don't have it in right now anyways - so gonna go deliver it back and get my money back and then off to shop at the net.

1 hour ago, JasparDark said:

@lee32uk Tomahawk Max requires a bios update according to the seller?

No. All the 'MAX' boards come with a working bios for Ryzen 3000.

Are you able to return the SSD/s and PSU as well ?