Is it normal for gpu fans to be 100 rpm off then the rest

501st the greatest

I have a evga rtx 2080 ftw3 and and I have the same fan curve set for all three fans, im wondering is 100rpm difference a bad sign, for example

Fan 1: always reaches 1200rpm at 40%

Fan 2: always reaches 1320rpm at 40%

Fan 3: always reaches 1320rpm at 40%

Is that something that I should worry about? Any information would help I'm just curious if I should worry or not 

fan spin independently depending on the heat of the zone 

Fan one is most likely the middle fan, it seems smaller then the other 2 if i'm looking at the right card so rpm would be different.

Regardless of that, 120rpm is within 10% which is usually margin of error when it comes to most fans.

It's normal for higher end cards. My 980 Ti doesn't even turn on one of the fans unless it reaches a certain temperature. It's to prevent unnecessary noise.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, 501st the greatest said:

I apologize for asking but what do you mean by 10% margin of error in fans?

Fans are made to a tolerance of error of 10%. They are allowed to skew from their max rated fan speed by 10%. 

So if you get a fan rated at 1000RPM. Allowed tolerance is the fan running at between 900 and 1100 RPMs and still considered working fine. Making a precise fan is expensive manufacturing wise and almost nigh impossible, so manufactures have these tolerances built into their specs. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Just now, 501st the greatest said:

Make sure you tag or quote people if you want them to be notified. Example:

@Neggy-Z

Also, never feel like you need to apologize for asking a tech question. :)

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Make sure you tag or quote people if you want them to be notified. Example:

@Neggy-Z

Also, never feel like you need to apologize for asking a tech question. :)

Exactly. It is why we are here. :) Hell, I get a kick out of helping people around here. It is fun and occasionally learn a thing or two. Besides, it isn't like I got my knowledge suddenly either. It has been accumulated for over a decade. And where did we all start? Places like this. Asking questions, gaining knowledge, experimenting and getting experience. Success can be a great teacher, but failure is a better one. But figuring out what you did wrong is hard. So, go to the hive mind, learn a thing or two and get back to running. ?

There is a reason for my quote in my sig. It is a reminder to my humble beginnings as a doe eyed 17 year old building his first machine from a magazine. Yes I am old. HA!

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

5 hours ago, 501st the greatest said:

It's a tolerance. 

If a manufacturer specifies a certain value, they'll have a tolerance associated with it. Something like x +/- 5. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch