question as i practice with mouse and keyboard

kofman13

recently came from ps4 and started gaming on pc. so far trying to get better at mouse and keyboard. I am starting on the low sensitivity side and overall enjoying it. i am currently playing apex legends with 400 dpi, 2.2 in game. i feel myself improving with hip fire. but when it comes to ADS i feel like im moving too much. is it my sens or just my technique thats wrong? people who game at low sens, do you turn around with arm, but track ADS with wrist only? in fire fights where i lose (most) i cant remember what i was doing wrong but i feel like maybe i was using too much arm to track instead of wrist, maybe resulting in over shooting?

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB

3 minutes ago, kofman13 said:

recently came from ps4 and started gaming on pc. so far trying to get better at mouse and keyboard. I am starting on the low sensitivity side and overall enjoying it. i am currently playing apex legends with 400 dpi, 2.2 in game. i feel myself improving with hip fire. but when it comes to ADS i feel like im moving too much. is it my sens or just my technique thats wrong? people who game at low sens, do you turn around with arm, but track ADS with wrist only? in fire fights where i lose (most) i cant remember what i was doing wrong but i feel like maybe i was using too much arm to track instead of wrist, maybe resulting in over shooting?

This sounds like a very specific question about a specific game.  I can only speak generally about use of mouse vs joystick controllers so this may not be useful.   The advantage of a mouse over joysticks in gaming is instead of moving the selection point via vector/velocity one simply places the point where one wants it and vector/velocity is ignored.  I’m not sure that arm/hand movement technique is going to play the same role as it does with joysticks.  As far as sensitivity goes, my understanding is it kind of a scale issue.  Low sensitivity makes the amount of mouse travel necessary to traverse the screen smaller, but makes fine fine pixel by pixel control more exacting as the amount of movement to achieve fine control is commensurately smaller.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.