Headphone recommendation and more

Altaren
Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Don't waste your money on a sound card, you'll gain 0 benefits, and can actually be worse for those headphones. I'd get the M35 or 219.

Complete audio noob here looking for some help. Ive been using dirt cheap headphones since i remember and i decided to treat myself to a new set. I dont know what to look for so ill just list what i want from my headphones and maybe you guys can give some recommendations. The more the better since where im from availability is an issue.

Most important to least:

Audio quality - i dont need loud or strong bass, im more of a classical music kinda guy

Longevity - need a durable set that would last a while

Comfort 

----

Looks

Cables-accessories-microphone ... dont really care much about those.

Im lookin to spend up to 100€ hoping thats doable though if going from 40€ to a 100€ set means a 5% improvement id rather save some money.

I was looking at something like these though i dont know what to think of any other than reading reviews.

Sennheiser 203 or 219

ATH-m35

SteelSeries Siberia v2

Links are there just to show how prices are odd for instance ath-m35 would cost me 100$ compared to 50 in the US

Also out of curiosity would any of these headphones profit from a soundcard (a cheapish one)? Seeing how i dont need the extra volume or bass my guess is no, still want to check though.

Thanks to everyone in advance

ATH-m35's and soundcards don't really help unless you have high impedance headphones.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

ATH-m35's and soundcards don't really help unless you have high impedance headphones.

Right, i figured as much. I take it i dont need it then since high impedance is mostly for higher volume - louder sounds. Am i correct? 

Either way, got any recommendations to suit my needs? 

Thank you

Cards provide a "stronger" signal to help drive the higher ohms headphones that have a higher electrical resistance to drive them at a more normal sounding sound level. I think it would be better if @MayflowerElectronics would get involved since I'm not anywhere near an expert and they are really the only people on here that I know have any knowledge in this subject.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Cards provide a "stronger" signal to help drive the higher ohms headphones that have a higher electrical resistance to drive them at a more normal sounding sound level. I think it would be better if @MayflowerElectronics would get involved since I'm not anywhere near an expert and they are really the only people on here that I know have any knowledge in this subject.

I see, thanks though thats not what im trying to figure out. Soundcard or not is an issue for the future first i must find a good set of headphones for a decent price. Does anyone have any experience with the ones i listed?

Don't waste your money on a sound card, you'll gain 0 benefits, and can actually be worse for those headphones. I'd get the M35 or 219.

Thanks i didnt really plan on getting a sound card though thats still good to know. I guess ill go with the 50€ 219 since theyre 20€ cheaper. Ive read they have good sound but how much better would a 100€ pair sound like? Would there be a difference in clarity or is most of the gain in bass and loudness? 

You can't expect too much from your budget.

Yeah and i have a feeling i dont need much more anyway. Thanks for the answers i think ill be going with the 219 since mostly what i read is good reviews, i just didnt expect what i would choose to be a good pick because frankly i just dont know anything about the stuff.

Thanks to both of you