Cases that hold the motherboard horizontal

viking_power

I am looking for mini atx or itx case that holds the mother board horizontally. I am planning on using a gigabyte 5700xt so would like it to be able to fit that gpu. I was looking at the thermaltake v21 but have read they can have quality issues. Any other cases i should look at?

2 minutes ago, viking_power said:

I am looking for mini atx or itx case that holds the mother board horizontally. I am planning on using a gigabyte 5700xt so would like it to be able to fit that gpu. I was looking at the thermaltake v21 but have read they can have quality issues. Any other cases i should look at?

Which Gigabyte 5700XT?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YcRgXL/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-aorus-video-card-gv-r57xtaorus-8gd

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6kdrxr/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-gaming-oc-video-card-gv-r57xtgaming-oc-8gd

Is your motherboard mITX?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Thermaltake core g3 looks interesting, you can set it at any position you want.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz聽All CoresMobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467MhzGPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OCStorage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TBPSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w聽GoldDisplay(s):1st:LG 27UK650-W,聽4K,IPS, HDR10,聽10bit(8bit + A-FRC).2nd:Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390),Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO FansKeyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx RapidfireMouse:Razer Naga Chroma聽Headset:聽Razer Kraken 7.1 ChromaSound:Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker聽Case: Modded聽Case Inverted, 5 intake聽120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

59 minutes ago, viking_power said:

This is the build I am looking at going with https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jFXbTC

Well that's an mATX board so you can use an mITX case.

The only other cases I can think of that are horizontal are the Apevia X-QPack3, which are probably worse quality than the V21. Is there any particular reason you want a horizontal motherboard layout?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

57 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Well that's an mATX board so you can use an mITX case.

The only other cases I can think of that are horizontal are the Apevia X-QPack3, which are probably worse quality than the V21. Is there any particular reason you want a horizontal motherboard layout?

I would like a smaller form factor and it looked like a neat way to do it. If you know of a small form factor case that has it horizontally. I would definitely look into it. I have just always used a midtower and would like a smaller form factor this time around.

53 minutes ago, viking_power said:

I would like a smaller form factor and it looked like a neat way to do it. If you know of a small form factor case that has it horizontally. I would definitely look into it. I have just always used a midtower and would like a smaller form factor this time around.

Not many other horizontal mATX cases I know about.... You're going for "different"? Would a聽completely inverted motherboard interest you?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wd6qqs/silverstone-rl08bw-rgb-microatx-mini-tower-case-sst-rl08bw-rgb

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Not many other horizontal mATX cases I know about.... You're going for "different"? Would a聽completely inverted motherboard interest you?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wd6qqs/silverstone-rl08bw-rgb-microatx-mini-tower-case-sst-rl08bw-rgb

That looks nice. Thank you for the suggestion. Edit: looked into some builds on youtube with that case and it is What I am looking for Thank you again for the help.

Edited by viking_power
Just wanted to add to my post