scsi drive for gaming?

xreaperx22

so yeah i know ssd's are the way to go for gaming,but i have some old cheetah 15k rpm drives in my closet and im wondering how they would perform with game loading and general work loads,ive had them forever and never used them so there basically brand new lol anyways what do you guys think? should i give them a try? also is there anything special i need to get them running on a modern mother board like say a z270 or a x570,ill prolly not use the new x570 board just in case something goes wrong lol.

Just hook them puppies up and use Crystaldiskmark to check disk speeds and make your own opinion.
We have no idea how fast those drives are.

And yes you would need a SCSI card to connect them puppies, i hope you can find the right one that has a PCIe connection, since its all pretty old tech.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Just hook them puppies up and use Crystaldiskmark to check disk speeds and make your own opinion.

And yes you would need a SCSI card to connect them puppies, i hope you can find the right one that has a PCIe connection, since its all pretty old tech.

I would be interested in the results

On 2/5/2020 at 12:29 PM, HanZie82 said:

ok cool yeah i ordered a scsi controller card just waiting for it to come,ill post the crystal disk results when i get them up and running