Case For External Watercooling

So transporting my corsair 900D Obsidian around can get quite tiring and hard sometimes, so i've been looking for alternatives.  I still want to keep my water cooling loop that contains a EKWB D5 pump, and a Thermaltake 480mm radiator. Obviously you cant really find a smaller case that holds that size of radiator, but i came around a post somewhere that someone had an external radiator. Rather then cutting holes into my case, i remember my old case (Areocool Deadsilence cube) had holes in the back for tubing, but that cant hold ATX motherboards. What other case might have these holes for tubing, or a better alternative. My plan was to have my 480mm rad be on a stand with quick disconnects and to use a smaller ATX case, which also can hold the Asus strix 2080 ti OC and the D5 pump.

71R+m8EcqQL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Not sure I'd water cool a case I transport, sounds like taking unneeded risks.  Slight jostles can affect the loop, potentially catastrophically.

Going to use quick connects to attach the radiator tubing outside the case then?

Get the right sized drill and these. And ANY case has external water-cooling options. ?
https://www.amazon.com/Phobya-cable-rubber-grommet-Round/dp/B06XTW2J7Y/

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

On 2/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, Lorant said:

Not sure I'd water cool a case I transport, sounds like taking unneeded risks.  Slight jostles can affect the loop, potentially catastrophically.

Going to use quick connects to attach the radiator tubing outside the case then?

Well I've been carrying and driving with my case in the back seat, and no problems yet. But yes I wasnt sure if i should have the radiator fittings themselves be quick connects or a couple inches of the tube outside the case.

On 2/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, RollinLower said:

does it need to be a cube style case?

Well I'd prefer to be a smaller case to make it easier to pick up and just carry but dosnt have to be a cube case. I used to have an Aerocool DS cube and that was nice

I've built a few external radiator boxes in my day.

-Rich

Spotswood Computer Cases

I miss those holes being on every case. External rad/pump units where so cool but not very maneuverable.