a device which does not exist was specified

VRfux

So last week i bought a new hard driver for 10$ it was a 500gb baracuda hard drive. I connected the hdd to my motherboard by myself, it was fine for that time until i started filling my new hdd with my school projects files and presentations. When i try to open the folder which contains all of my school files an error shows up and said "a device which does not exist was specified" , i watched all the tutorials on youtube but nothing work please help me get my files back!

14 minutes ago, VRfux said:

So last week i bought a new hard driver for 10$ it was a 500gb baracuda hard drive. I connected the hdd to my motherboard by myself, it was fine for that time until i started filling my new hdd with my school projects files and presentations. When i try to open the folder which contains all of my school files an error shows up and said "a device which does not exist was specified" , i watched all the tutorials on youtube but nothing work please help me get my files back!

Are the files you attempted to store backed up elsewhere?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Sadly they only might or might not exist now. You might have written everything to nothing. I don’t know what YouTube videos you watched or what they said or what you have attempted (please don’t link a pile of how-to videos)

the general move for stuff like this is to find a lower level program that will search below the level of windows.  Another thing that might help is swapping sata6 connections.  This one could be twitchy if the problem is the HD connector.  You really dropped a bunch of critical stuff on a $10 used HD with no backup?  There has to be a reason it was $10.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.