300$ build

SKEJ
1 minute ago, SKEJ said:

not really. 

if it was advertising its actual specs it wouldnt be terrible at a lower cost. 

but that is a core i7 920 at best. and likely worse. 

if you arent going to make something used. i would honestly suggest getting a console. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

not really. 

if it was advertising its actual specs it wouldnt be terrible at a lower cost. 

but that is a core i7 920 at best. and likely worse. 

if you arent going to make something used. i would honestly suggest getting a console. 

Oh but I need a good PC i just found this one is it good it is my birthday soon and I need one here it is 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301645777817

Just now, SKEJ said:

Oh but I need a good PC i just found this one is it good it is my birthday soon and I need one here it is 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301645777817

that one is terrible. 

why do you need a PC? is there noone you could offer a small ammount to build a system for you?

I an poor I do not have much money I just want to get a PC i do not have someone who could get me a pc my mom and dad are giving me the money to buy one for my birthday. I just want a 300$ PC that can run fortnite minecraft and other game at 60fps or more

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

that one is terrible. 

why do you need a PC? is there noone you could offer a small ammount to build a system for you?

3 minutes ago, SKEJ said:

I just want a 300$ PC that can run fortnite minecraft and other game at 60fps or more

if you want that, then you would need to build something yourself sadly and scavange for used parts.

for about 360 you can get something new if you build it yourself.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

if you want that, then you would need to build something yourself sadly and scavange for used parts.

for about 360 you can get something new if you build it yourself.

What about this one 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163875281637

6 minutes ago, SKEJ said:

specs wise its allright if accurate (doubt it). 

it clearly doesnt have an SSD and the PSU is more or less a bomb. 

id avoid, i wont look through every ebay posting you throw at me. ive given my advice. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

specs wise its allright if accurate (doubt it). 

it clearly doesnt have an SSD and the PSU is more or less a bomb. 

id avoid, i wont look through every ebay posting you throw at me. ive given my advice. 

Why do you say it doesn't have an SSD?

Just now, Lorant said:

Why do you say it doesn't have an SSD?

the build has pictures. there is an HDD in the picture. 

Listen to the suggestions here.  None of the pre-built PC's in that price range will remotely compare to the performance of one you build.  Some of those pre-builts are actually horribly slow, provide little to no upgrade path, and might even be borderline dangerous with super cheap power supplies. 

The parts list people are providing here give you a really nice, safe platform to use now and easily upgrade later.  They are an incredible deal.  But you will need to do some research on how to build the PC.  It's not that hard.  Find someone with a similar interest and watch all the PC build videos you can find.  Ask around for people's old PC's just to get an idea of what the components look like and how they go togather.  You can do it, it's not that hard or complicated.  But it is going to take some work.

In the end, since you built it, you will have a better understanding of how the parts work with each other, have a better idea of what could be the issue if you have trouble with something.  When it's time to upgrade next year (maybe for your next birthday) to a discrete graphics card or something, you are all ready to go.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

the build has pictures. there is an HDD in the picture. 

Ah!  I didn't cycle thru them, and you're right.

Maybe it's an 8TB Red as a surprise bonus?

what's keeping you from building your own?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, cheez63 said:

Listen to the suggestions here.  None of the pre-built PC's in that price range will remotely compare to the performance of one you build.  Some of those pre-builts are actually horribly slow, provide little to no upgrade path, and might even be borderline dangerous with super cheap power supplies. 

The parts list people are providing here give you a really nice, safe platform to use now and easily upgrade later.  They are an incredible deal.  But you will need to do some research on how to build the PC.  It's not that hard.  Find someone with a similar interest and watch all the PC build videos you can find.  Ask around for people's old PC's just to get an idea of what the components look like and how they go togather.  You can do it, it's not that hard or complicated.  But it is going to take some work.

In the end, since you built it, you will have a better understanding of how the parts work with each other, have a better idea of what could be the issue if you have trouble with something.  When it's time to upgrade next year (maybe for your next birthday) to a discrete graphics card or something, you are all ready to go.

At his age and price point, a 2200g machine even with a HDD will be fine for what he can play at LOW.

If it's his only choice, and I can't recommend him building his own with the knowledge of PC's displayed here...prebuilt for $360 isn't a terrible thing all aspects considered.

Not everyone builds, or has parents who will pony up for a kid to build.  Such is life.

11 minutes ago, Lorant said:

At his age and price point, a 2200g machine even with a HDD will be fine for what he can play at LOW.

If it's his only choice, and I can't recommend him building his own with the knowledge of PC's displayed here...prebuilt for $360 isn't a terrible thing all aspects considered.

Not everyone builds, or has parents who will pony up for a kid to build.  Such is life.

Maybe he is lucky enough to have a local Walmart clearing out that HP with a 1660 Ti for $299.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Pavilion-Gaming-Desktop-Tower-Intel-Core-i5-9400F-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1660Ti-8GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-690-0073w/902037635

I have one local here still showing but at $399

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=902037635

Edited by cheez63
Adding link for Walmart HP

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

what's keeping you from building your own?

I CAN NOT BUILD A PC IM ONLY 14

3 minutes ago, SKEJ said:

I CAN NOT BUILD A PC IM ONLY 14

That's about when I first built a PC. 6 year olds have built a PC. There's a ton of YouTube guides.

You've got a screwdriver right?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you are not interested in building your own, that is fine.  But you can do it.  Research it.

Just now, Fasauceome said:

That's about when I first built a PC. 6 year olds have built a PC. There's a ton of YouTube guides.

You've got a screwdriver right?

Don't push.

If he's got to buy a prebuilt, help him choose the best one.  

Prebuilt... upgrading... then bull blown build from scratch.. baby steps. :)

5 minutes ago, Lorant said:

Don't push.

But is there a decent pre-built out there for $360?  I haven't seen one yet.

**Edit** Ok, maybe I see it now.  The eBay Ryzen 2200G?  I also see that same picture and specs for $329 and free shipping.  

Other than the sketchy power supply, it's probably not too bad.

Edited by cheez63

5 minutes ago, Lorant said:

Don't push.

tbh I wish people pushed me into building a PC earlier. it's an excellent skill to foster early on for technical literacy and it's really easy to develop in a basic way. I would have loved to at least avoided the trap of gaming on an old imac.

I don't think OP would struggle to piece together an APU build.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

tbh I wish people pushed me into building a PC earlier. it's an excellent skill to foster early on for technical literacy and it's really easy to develop in a basic way. I would have loved to at least avoided the trap of gaming on an old imac.

I don't think OP would struggle to piece together an APU build.

May not be up to the OP, looks like his parents are footing the bill and it's their judgement that makes the law.

Maybe he could show them this thread and how he's trying very hard to work on their budget, and how folks are saying that building a PC could be a good father/mother/son/daughter bonding thing as well?

Or if someone said that first... :)

11 minutes ago, Lorant said:

Don't push.

This is how I want to go thanks 

8 minutes ago, cheez63 said:

But is there a decent pre-built out there for $360?  I haven't seen one yet.

**Edit** Ok, maybe I see it now.  The eBay Ryzen 2200G?  I also see that same picture and specs for $329 and free shipping.  

Other than the sketchy power supply, it's probably not too bad.

Please tell me it or link it to me