8 Million BOINC Credit Deduction?

Go to solution Solved by SkyHound0202,

Quick update: Turns out some of the projects now requires a "Consent" to export contribution data to external website. If you don't, they will just pull the data from stats website.

By ticking the checkbox, the data sharing resumes and granted me 12 million in a day.

image.thumb.png.a19ba55fedb1ef6b4986540a3ab80d0e.png

I was idling for a while until I saw this happening on New Year's Eve.

The picture speaks for itself:

image.thumb.png.b4d0ed2b1955b7d29a3973e03837a455.png

I turned my Linux Xeon back on at the end of January. There was work done, but the statistic is not updating, nor was the host showing up on Boinc Statistics.

Yet surprisingly, my hosts and works are visible on the project page.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Something of an aside:

a link for those undereducated such as myself trying to decode this post.  Undoubtedly useless to the poster but might be helpful for some readers:

boinc?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOINC_Credit_System

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 1 month later...

Quick update: Turns out some of the projects now requires a "Consent" to export contribution data to external website. If you don't, they will just pull the data from stats website.

By ticking the checkbox, the data sharing resumes and granted me 12 million in a day.

image.thumb.png.a19ba55fedb1ef6b4986540a3ab80d0e.png

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."