NZXT 500i AIO Fan Position

Hello Everyone,

i was checking some videos and forums and begin to doubt my current AIO fan placement 

739947513_20190528_202304(2).thumb.jpg.cd3209aa99779e1843f10e465b588314.jpg20190528_204300.thumb.jpg.af6d2c3af3fa5c92f68611311284494c.jpg

In my current configuration i have the fans between the radiator and the front plate of the Case, but I've seen that in some cases they put the fans inside the front part of the case.

it will have any effect in the cooling?

thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, Danioki said:

Hello Everyone,

i was checking some videos and forums and begin to doubt my current AIO fan placement 

In my current configuration i have the fans between the radiator and the front plate of the Case, but I've seen that in some cases they put the fans inside the front part of the case.

thanks in advance.

Different ways of mounting the radiator (like front/top/back) and different way of mounting the fans to it (push/pull/push&pull) have little to no influence on your CPU temps and minimal influence to GPU temps.

I wouldn't worry about your current config at all.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 minutes ago, minibois said:

Different ways of mounting the radiator (like front/top/back) and different way of mounting the fans to it (push/pull/push&pull) have little to no influence on your CPU temps and minimal influence to GPU temps.

I wouldn't worry about your current config at all.

then why all the fuss about the position and direction of the fans and radiator in the interwebs? it is all a scam? :D

19 minutes ago, Danioki said:

Hello Everyone,

739947513_20190528_202304(2).thumb.jpg.cd3209aa99779e1843f10e465b588314.jpg20190528_204300.thumb.jpg.af6d2c3af3fa5c92f68611311284494c.jpg

thanks in advance.

my question is why are you using the bottom PCIE? 

but aside from that, i have my radiator on the outside, and the fans inside using a pull config and i have no problems, you can see on my profile pic. i feel like it comes down to the case and personal preferance 

6 minutes ago, Danioki said:

then why all the fuss about the position and direction of the fans and radiator in the interwebs? it is all a scam? :D

People like making a big deal about things, to justify how they have done it. Ignoring tests that are out there, proving them wrong.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, idwt said:

my question is why are you using the bottom PCIE? 

but aside from that, i have my radiator on the outside, and the fans inside using a pull config and i have no problems, you can see on my profile pic. i feel like it comes down to the case and personal preferance 

oh, it's no longer there. right after turning on the system i noticed something wrong and changed the VGA to the top PCIe.

so i'm all good then, well it's still running a little hot but with the 32°C here, there is nothing to do.