Hardware is acting up when playing Tarkov, please help.

Ghoulz
Go to solution Solved by Ghoulz,

Just found the problem and fixed it. My paging file was set to my HDD instead of my SSD, just switched it, runs smooth now. Thanks for your guys time!

- Upgraded from a GTX 970 to 1080

- Tarkov now plays like crap, everything is fine until I spot another player/NPC and shoot, the entire game lags to hell

- Tested card on other games such as Red Dead Redemption 2 and it runs fine

- Monitored specs, when the lag spikes occur both my CPU and GPU usages drop to 0% (Temperatures are fine CPU: 54C   GPU: 70C)

SPECS

i7 4790K

GTX 1080 EVGA

8GB DDR3

500GB SSD

2TB HDD

Not a tarkov player but I remember someone mentioning once that tarkov hates multithreading.  AMD SMT more than intel, but it didn’t like either of them.   It struck me as an unlikely conclusion, but if true turning off hyperthreading in bios may improve things.

Alao did you turn up textures or anything after you got a bigger gpu? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just found the problem and fixed it. My paging file was set to my HDD instead of my SSD, just switched it, runs smooth now. Thanks for your guys time!

Hearing more and more about this game lately.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

36 minutes ago, Ghoulz said:

Would 16gb of memory fix it as well? I hate to put paging (swap) on the ssd...

Unfortunately not. People with 32gb DDR4 report having the same problem, my 8GB wasn't even being maxed out, it's mostly a paging problem.

3 minutes ago, Ghoulz said:

Unfortunately not. People with 34gb DDR4 report having the same problem, my 8GB wasn't even being maxed out, it's mostly a paging problem.

I'm speechless right now.