Check Fan Header Health

Hello guys I have read that I can connect multiple fans to a single fan header on my motherboard. I have also read that the maximum current on the fan header should not exceed 1 Amp.

The issue is that I might have mistakenly plugged a cable to the header on my motherboard, and the cable was in fact coming from four 140mm case fans. Each 0.18 Amps.

now I understand that 4* 0.18=0.72 which is less than 1 Amp. I believe I should be fine but I want to know, how can I CHECK the functionality of that header and confirm that nothing got damaged when I connected 4 fans to it. 

thanks! 

There is no real way of checking it. It either works or not. But most likely wont damage a connected fan.

Well 0.72A should be fine anyways. Did you even run the fans full thrust? If not the anyway pull even less than the 0.78. 

Best way to check it is to connect one fan and see if the fan control etc. works like normal, then move up to 2 and so on.

Most boards have no problem with that but if you have more fan headers available you should split up the load.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂