What went wrong with my Graphics Card (5700xt)?

Section 1: Just for context. Not important. You may skip to section 2.

I am a casual gamer. 4 months ago I decided to build my first PC. Joined this forum, devoured every video on Linus, Bitwit, Jayz2cents & Indian gamer. Post research of 3 months, put together my pc 1 month ago. Specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 - Rs 15500

Cooler: Cooler Master 240mm MB12 Liquid Cooler

MoBo: X570 TUF Gaming Plus Wifi

Graphics: PowerColor Red Dragon 5700XT - Rs 34900

Ram: G Skill Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz - Rs 10600

SSD: Silicon Power M.2 Nvme 512 GB - Rs 5500

PSU: RM850(2019)

Case: Cooler Master H500

The pc posted in the first go. Windows upload was smooth. No driver issue. It worked perfectly.

Section 2: Important

I started with playing CS Go and Battlefield 1.

CS Go worked like a charm, 290FPS at top settings.

Battlefield 1: Worked well. 150FPS at Ultra Settings. But often crashed with the following error:

" directx function "DX11 Renderer::tryMap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically reomved from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. ").GPU:"AMD Radeon RX 5700XT", Driver:19.12.2. This error is usually casued by the graphics driver crashing; try intsalling the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported grpahics card with at least 2GB. "

After a month, I decided to move from Battlefield 1 to Battlefield 5. The driver of the card(5700xt) was up to date.

This where the issue started. The game was super stuttery on the first start. Clicks were getting registered with a 1 min delay. Somehow reached video settings, and changed display settings from 60hertz to 144hertz. Instantly, everything was smooth. Played the game for half an hr and then suddenly screen went dark, no Display. Display port was not detecting.

After doing all the checks, found out the the graphics card is dead. The service center confirmed. Card will now be replaced in 30-45 days.

rented a 1050ti for the time being. Computer is working again with no problem. Yet to start a game.

Questions:

As a first time builder, i might sound paranoid, but really wanna know what happened here:

Q1: Where can the issue be? Is it just bad card? Or could have i done something software or assembly wise that could have killed the card? Note: the card never went over 80 degrees (94 degree junction) anytime.

The reason that I am worried about this is that I assumed that Graphics Card are a durable part of a PC. They dont die on miners. Thats probably why they are confident to give 3 years warranty. What happened here.

Q2: For the time being, will CS Go and Battlefiled 5 run on 1050ti?

3 minutes ago, r_tandon said:

Section 1: Just for context. Not important. You may skip to section 2.

I am a casual gamer. 4 months ago I decided to build my first PC. Joined this forum, devoured every video on Linus, Bitwit, Jayz2cents & Indian gamer. Post research of 3 months, put together my pc 1 month ago. Specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 - Rs 15500

Cooler: Cooler Master 240mm MB12 Liquid Cooler

MoBo: X570 TUF Gaming Plus Wifi

Graphics: PowerColor Red Dragon 5700XT - Rs 34900

Ram: G Skill Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz - Rs 10600

SSD: Silicon Power M.2 Nvme 512 GB - Rs 5500

PSU: RM850(2019)

Case: Cooler Master H500

The pc posted in the first go. Windows upload was smooth. No driver issue. It worked perfectly.

Section 2: Important

I started with playing CS Go and Battlefield 1.

CS Go worked like a charm, 290FPS at top settings.

Battlefield 1: Worked well. 150FPS at Ultra Settings. But often crashed with the following error:

" directx function "DX11 Renderer::tryMap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically reomved from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. ").GPU:"AMD Radeon RX 5700XT", Driver:19.12.2. This error is usually casued by the graphics driver crashing; try intsalling the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported grpahics card with at least 2GB. "

After a month, I decided to move from Battlefield 1 to Battlefield 5. The driver of the card(5700xt) was up to date.

This where the issue started. The game was super stuttery on the first start. Clicks were getting registered with a 1 min delay. Somehow reached video settings, and changed display settings from 60hertz to 144hertz. Instantly, everything was smooth. Played the game for half an hr and then suddenly screen went dark, no Display. Display port was not detecting.

After doing all the checks, found out the the graphics card is dead. The service center confirmed. Card will now be replaced in 30-45 days.

rented a 1050ti for the time being. Computer is working again with no problem. Yet to start a game.

Questions:

As a first time builder, i might sound paranoid, but really wanna know what happened here:

Q1: Where can the issue be? Is it just bad card? Or could have i done something software or assembly wise that could have killed the card? Note: the card never went over 80 degrees (94 degree junction) anytime.

The reason that I am worried about this is that I assumed that Graphics Card are a durable part of a PC. They dont die on miners. Thats probably why they are confident to give 3 years warranty. What happened here.

Q2: For the time being, will CS Go and Battlefiled 5 run on 1050ti?

It can be random. I had a GTX 275 give me some issues years ago, but not really any other card. But it does happen. BF V is kinda trash regardless tho. I do really enjoy it, but it even stutters weirdly on my machine in my sig... 

Software can't really cause a card to die, so it isn't that. Your sure its the GPU that is the issue? Have you tried a different one in the system yet?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

1 hour ago, LIGISTX said:

It can be random. I had a GTX 275 give me some issues years ago, but not really any other card. But it does happen. BF V is kinda trash regardless tho. I do really enjoy it, but it even stutters weirdly on my machine in my sig... 

Software can't really cause a card to die, so it isn't that. Your sure its the GPU that is the issue? Have you tried a different one in the system yet?

The GPU is for sure the issue. As i tried the GPU on other rigs and it did not work. 1050 ti worked in my system. The Service Centre confirmed that the card is dead. My question is : is it just luck, or could have i done anything that killed the card? Everything else seems to work fine now with 1050ti.

14 hours ago, r_tandon said:

The GPU is for sure the issue. As i tried the GPU on other rigs and it did not work. 1050 ti worked in my system. The Service Centre confirmed that the card is dead. My question is : is it just luck, or could have i done anything that killed the card? Everything else seems to work fine now with 1050ti.

Really just luck. No real way to kill a card with software. As long as it www plugged in properly and your PSU isn’t crapping out, it’s just luck. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air