max NVME speeds on pci 3.0 (corsair/samsung)

Cemil2565
Go to solution Solved by NewMaxx,
5 hours ago, Cemil2565 said:

so which brand will give me the fastest nvme for 2tb ?

Samsung 970 EVO Plus on all but 4.0-capable boards.

Hello, i want to buy a 2 TB M.2 Nvme drive,

is there any difference between 1tb and 2tb model, like 250gb, 500gb, 1tb speed differences?

i have a asus rog strix z390-i model, whats speeds can i get with pci 4.0 m.2 and pcie 3.0 m.2 ?

i want the samsung 970 evo plus model, (i have the 250gb,500gb models and i have no problem with those)

So 2x 1tb or 1x 2tb and any better speeds with pci4.0 nvme?

6 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I wouldn't really worry about speeds because the bandwidth potential doesn't impact actual performance for most use cases. Just get whatever capacity you can afford.

ok but samsung has a pcie 3.0 drive, corsair has a pcie 4.0 drive, what advantage do i get for paying higher for pcie 4.0 on a pcie 3.0 motherboard

2 hours ago, Cemil2565 said:

Hello, i want to buy a 2 TB M.2 Nvme drive,

is there any difference between 1tb and 2tb model, like 250gb, 500gb, 1tb speed differences?

i have a asus rog strix z390-i model, whats speeds can i get with pci 4.0 m.2 and pcie 3.0 m.2 ?

i want the samsung 970 evo plus model, (i have the 250gb,500gb models and i have no problem with those)

So 2x 1tb or 1x 2tb and any better speeds with pci4.0 nvme?

There's a lot of differences. Some drives are single-sided, some are double-sided. Some have the normal ratio of DRAM, some have less or no DRAM. Most drives are faster at higher capacities but it depends on the SSD controller. Z390 will let you get x4 PCIe 3.0 on one drive. PCIe 4.0 drives will only be faster on a 4.0-capable drive in raw sequential terms, but there's also SLC caching to consider.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:45 AM, NewMaxx said:

There's a lot of differences. Some drives are single-sided, some are double-sided. Some have the normal ratio of DRAM, some have less or no DRAM. Most drives are faster at higher capacities but it depends on the SSD controller. Z390 will let you get x4 PCIe 3.0 on one drive. PCIe 4.0 drives will only be faster on a 4.0-capable drive in raw sequential terms, but there's also SLC caching to consider.

5 hours ago, Cemil2565 said:

Samsung 970 EVO Plus on all but 4.0-capable boards.