Ryzen 5 3600 4.3GHz OC @1.335V ?

Hi! I've recently upgraded to a Ryzen 5 3600. I've read a lot about Ryzen 3rd gen OC with PBO and AutoOC but it didn't work well for me. I tried several combinations of offset voltages, boost frequencies... I didn't pass 4.025GHz on load with very high voltage even on offset (1.47V Auto, 1.37V Manually offset)

So I tried old school method, manual OC. This time with Ryzen Master. Also CPU-Z and HWinfo were giving me bad readings. Here are my specs:

- MOBO: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (lastest shitty ugly click bios)

- RAM: GSKILL TRIDENT Z CL14 3200MHZ

- AIO: CRYORIG A40 ULTIMATE

You can see my results below:

https://imgur.com/5l137ZZ

https://imgur.com/vyaQKIH

Readings from HWinfo and even worse in CPUz are wrong in voltage or CPU freq when idle:

https://imgur.com/VJhHprn

https://imgur.com/SS9ikEB

So, did I miss something? Is there something wrong? Did I won the sillycone lottery?

I also did an OCCT test for 5 minutes but I'm planning on doing for several hours...

Getting there is one thing, but how stable is it? Prime 95 for 1hr, 12hr, 24hr or better?

Just now, RobFRaschke said:

Getting there is one thing, but how stable is it? Prime 95 for 1hr, 12hr, 24hr or better?

Yeah I know, I only passed the Ryzen Master's test and a 5minutes OCCT Test.

But it shouldn't even be stable on cinebench or in games (I tested some Apex for 1h)

Just now, Wolf_Mstr said:

Yeah I know, I only passed the Ryzen Master's test and a 5minutes OCCT Test.

But it shouldn't even be stable on cinebench or in games (I tested some Apex for 1h)

Should/Shouldn't are dangerous words. If it's stable it's stable, whether or not it should be. If it's Prime95 stable for 1-4hr then it's as stable as it needs to be and congrats!

9 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

Should/Shouldn't are dangerous words. If it's stable it's stable, whether or not it should be. If it's Prime95 stable for 1-4hr then it's as stable as it needs to be and congrats!

That's true, my point is if there's any config I'm missing or doing wrong...

I'm planning on doing the stress test tomorrow and I'll post the results.

52 minutes ago, Wolf_Mstr said:

That's true, my point is if there's any config I'm missing or doing wrong...

I'm planning on doing the stress test tomorrow and I'll post the results.

The only thing I see is that I would definitely trade some of that all core speed for memory speed and IF speed if you're just running at 3200/1800. It's Cas 14 memory, so it should have some headroom to match the memory to the IF speed, so 3600/1800 or better.

On 1/29/2020 at 12:45 AM, RobFRaschke said:

The only thing I see is that I would definitely trade some of that all core speed for memory speed and IF speed if you're just running at 3200/1800. It's Cas 14 memory, so it should have some headroom to match the memory to the IF speed, so 3600/1800 or better.

So some updates...

• Prime 95 stable so far
  • 3600MHz CL15 memory @1.40V
  • Ryzen Master showing cores aren't boosting while I game, only in synthetic benchs as Cinebench

I tried yesterday to aply the same OC in BIOS but it didn't boot... I'm so lost with these Ryzen...

EDIT: I just had to disable PBO in BIOS.

Although, frequencies in Ryzen Master while gaming are a joke...

EDIT2: It seams I was missleading concepts.. Ryzen Master shows effective clocks wich is basically CPU utilization so my 3600 is doing 4.3Ghz stable @ 1.325V right now with manual OC