Which cheap GPU for 3 monitors?

Andrewf

My coworker has a Dell XPS 8700 from 2015. It has a GT 720M but he's trying to hook up 3 monitors. I told him he needs a new GPU and I sent him a link to an XFX RX 570 but I'm unsure now what would work best. If it supports it or not.

Just 3x 1080p monitors, that's all.

He needs it ASAP. I'm worried his Dell won't support the XFX. Help me out, I don't want to look like an idiot.

He only does web browsing, and word docs, etc. No gaming, or anything.

3 minutes ago, Andrewf said:

My coworker has a Dell XPS 8700 from 2015. It has a GT 720M but he's trying to hook up 3 monitors. I told him he needs a new GPU and I sent him a link to an XFX RX 570 but I'm unsure now what would work best. If it supports it or not.

Just 3x 1080p monitors, that's all.

He needs it ASAP. I'm worried his Dell won't support the XFX. Help me out, I don't want to look like an idiot.

He only does web browsing, and word docs, etc. No gaming, or anything.

hdmi or dp? do you know what psu is there in the system?

Actually, any modern GPU supports triple monitor setup, as fas as I can say. Even this GT720M.

Which means that there's no need for upgrade.

Plus he can connect some displays to MoBo.

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

12 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

hdmi or dp? do you know what psu is there in the system?

His monitors are HDMI only. I do not know what PSU, but I it's probably something that can handle a low end GPU.

8 minutes ago, Spakes said:

Actually, any modern GPU supports triple monitor setup, as fas as I can say. Even this GT720M.

Which means that there's no need for upgrade.

Plus he can connect some displays to MoBo.

Okay that will be good news to him. What do you recommend I get to make it all work? I just want to make it easy and work 100%. He has no problem paying for a GPU that has the ports for all 3 displays to make it work simply. Also it needs to fit!

5 minutes ago, Andrewf said:

Okay that will be good news to him. What do you recommend I get to make it all work? I just want to make it easy and work 100%. He has no problem paying for a GPU that has the ports for all 3 displays to make it work simply. Also it needs to fit!

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tJvbt6/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1650-4-gb-windforce-oc-video-card-gv-n1650wf2oc-4gd

Cheapest card that can run 3x HDMI displays without adapters. If you buy a cheaper card you'll probably end up paying about the same once you factor in adapters.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

If your looking for the cheapest option you could look into a USB video adapter to HDMI.

Although I personally haven't used them before and I hear that can be a little bit problematic.

I still would recommend a new video card, as my guess you will spend more time fighting the USB solution it is worth the extra $100. Also I could be wrong about this but I believe USB adapters use a little bit of your CPU to process the image.

Are you sure the windforce GPU isn't too big? Another GPU that definitely fits with 3 DPs could easily work with some DP > HDMI adapters.