RX 570 installing/reading issue

mason1989

CPU: i5 3570k

Ram: 16gb ddr4 (2x8gb)

GPU: Dell OEM reference RX 570 4gb

Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h (UEFI and Legacy dual bios currently)

PSU: Seasonic g650w

I was using the following set up with my old card GTX 960 2gb for the last 2 years. My friend no longer needed his RX 570 (he used for 1 year on his Dell inspiron prebuilt https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-1400-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-570-1tb-hard-drive-recon-bl… ) so he gave it to me. *It was working fine without any problems for his set up.

I put it in PCI-e 16x slot and 6 pin connector using HDMI to DVI-D cable on my 1920x1080p 60hz Dell LED monitor.

First try it would Post and fans spinning but with 1 long beep and 2 short beeps (beep code says its something due to GPU), so I searched on google and so tried the following solutions:

1. Took out all the cables from pc, psu and wall.

2. Restarted cmos battery (took it out for 8-10min)

3. Switching Ram sticks.

Upon doing the following solutions, beeps were gone!! But still remains no signal.

so I connected my old VGA cables to motherboard and integrated intel HD 4000 worked fine. I checked the bios and it was on UEFI and Legacy mode<--dual bios?), but didn't touch anything in bios cause lack of knowledge.

and then I've tried using DDU to uninstall all previous Nvidia drivers.

still no signal. GPU-z shows Intel HD 4000 when RX 570 is slotted in, but I haven't tried manually disabling HD 4000 (I think it disables automatically when new gpu is installed? correct me if I'm wrong..)

yeah, so confusion confusion... I need suggestions and solutions guys and girls. Any help will be appreciated!

Boilerplate first step for anything involving a GPU update: DDU old drivers (follow ALL the steps.  Yes even finding safe mode anymore is a PITA) instal newest latest drivers from AMD not the card maker.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

TY for replying!, ok I will do clean uninstall the nvidia drivers once again but froom safe mode.

I downloaded the driver from AMD site but it won't install cause it won't read the card...and its slotted in...

well its using HD 4000 ...maybe it can't read the RX 570 because I'm using the HD 4000 at the same time..?

17 minutes ago, mason1989 said:

TY for replying!, ok I will do clean uninstall the nvidia drivers once again but froom safe mode.

I downloaded the driver from AMD site but it won't install cause it won't read the card...and its slotted in...

well its using HD 4000 ...maybe it can't read the RX 570 because I'm using the HD 4000 at the same time..?

i don’t think it’s about the safe mode.  DDU is a program that removes all traces of a driver. It’s specifically for graphics cards.  The program is free though downloading it is annoying because there’s a bunch of adware you have to dodge around.  It also needs to be run under special circumstances though and one is it needs to be in safe mode.  I clean install may also work.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.