How long will an i7 8700K (5Ghz OC) be able to play the latest games?

6 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Yes but spending 600 on 4ghz ram to gain 5 percent is stupid when you can buy 3200mhz ram for day 150 and spend the extra money on the next card tier up 

3 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

My cpu wont handle a 2080ti. Also not spending that kinda cash for so little use. 5% is 10 frames if I can get that but thinking a 1080ti is the best bet. Should be more than 10 frames and 3 times the cost of fancy ram.

Shall we render something and compare? 

Pretty sure my Ram isn't "Fancy". I have no RGB bling bling going on here. Just White and Black sticks. Nothing Fancy.

I like to refer to the memory as High speed memory more so than fancy personally.

Friendly Bench-off? My goal, beat your scores by 5%. 

Cinebench R15? R20? Or we could do 3D Mark Vantage or something?

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Pretty sure my Ram isn't "Fancy". I have no RGB bling bling going on here. Just White and Black sticks. Nothing Fancy.

I like to refer to the memory as High speed memory more so than fancy personally.

If its something better than mine, I refer to it as fancy. As I get standard stuff or midrange.

And I assume youre talking to the other guy about benchmarks.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

If its something better than mine, I refer to it as fancy. As I get standard stuff or midrange.

And I assume youre talking to the other guy about benchmarks.

I have some "mid ranged" memory installed right now. 3600mhz sticks. I do not consider it fancy or high speed memory. The sticks are Red and Black.

Benching?

Anyone with an 8700K, so yea, I'm including you also.

I'll OC or tweak my sticks, match your Cpu clocks up to 5400mhz to make the cpu speed even and then see what I can squeeze over your scores if at all. Might not even be 5% which is a number I personally did not conjure up, somebody else in the thread brought that number to the table. 

I fancy just to have fun here, not really to prove anything. I'd be interested in trying to achieve 5% over X score cause I know it wouldn't be that easy. 

5% can be a large number or it could be a small number in an end result depending on the base score we'd try to accomplish the 5% over. 

So obviously 5% of 1000 is more than 5% of 100.

17 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I have some "mid ranged" memory installed right now. 3600mhz sticks. I do not consider it fancy or high speed memory. The sticks are Red and Black.

Benching?

Anyone with an 8700K, so yea, I'm including you also.

I'll OC or tweak my sticks, match your Cpu clocks up to 5400mhz to make the cpu speed even and then see what I can squeeze over your scores if at all. Might not even be 5% which is a number I personally did not conjure up, somebody else in the thread brought that number to the table. 

I fancy just to have fun here, not really to prove anything. I'd be interested in trying to achieve 5% over X score cause I know it wouldn't be that easy. 

5% can be a large number or it could be a small number in an end result depending on the base score we'd try to accomplish the 5% over. 

So obviously 5% of 1000 is more than 5% of 100.

Sure if I get the time to install said benchmarking programs on the pc. Then even more time to run them. Perhaps one of these nights I actually turn it on. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

Sure if I get the time to install said benchmarking programs on the pc. Then even more time to run them. Perhaps one of these nights I actually turn it on. 

Yes, you should take some leisure time for yourself. I do encourage that. R&R is a must. 

You'll have fun. Don't have to max anything out, just run your daily gaming specs.

The 3DMark benches are maybe 10 minutes long depending on which one.

The Cinebench is generally 2 minutes or less to run. 

11 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Shall we render something and compare? 

Friendly Bench-off? My goal, beat your scores by 5%. 

Cinebench R15? R20? Or we could do 3D Mark Vantage or something?

Since we were talking gaming let’s bench games lol 

do u have a 2080 ?

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

It could happen that it will not be able to play games in a months time.

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze