Good headphones for on-the-go music / Good Sound Card?

Scream

If that is the case, you could. But it would a terrible waste of money since it will be bypassed anyway.

IMHO just don't bother with the mixamp unless you really want specific features from it other than surround. As for surround, I prefer razer surround software. Perhaps you can try to use that instead.

What motherboard are you using? Usually they come with either Coaxial Out or Optical Out. You can buy a coax-to-optical toslink converter that will do the job.

msi z68ma-g45(b3)

Also, bringing this topic back real fast:

Still very far from ideal. 

Custom one pro's or M50X's/M50's on sale might be something you'd like. Off the top of my head I can't think of more. 

How far apart are Custom One Pro's and M50Xs? By the time I add parts to customize my COP, It's almost 300 dollars. Is there enough of a difference in sound quality between COPs and MX50Xs to justify the purchase of a COP?

Yes you can.

By that logic, we only have two years so we can't hear the difference between front and back.

Sound processing will enable pretty accurately emulated 360 sound spectrum. That's all advertised 7.1/5.1 headsets are. 

That is what they advertise, but is not something that can be deliver with just 2 speakers.   It can do 180 sound positioning, it can not make it 360.   

Now joining what you hear with what you see is possible to guess where the sound is coming from, but you can't find out just by listening.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

How far apart are Custom One Pro's and M50Xs? By the time I add parts to customize my COP, It's almost 300 dollars. Is there enough of a difference in sound quality between COPs and MX50Xs to justify the purchase of a COP?

Well, we don't exactly know yet as there isn't much reviews (obviously) on the m50x. It's not like you have to add parts to the COPs, so I won't consider that as part of the cost. 

You can also consider Mayflower's recommendation on those Denon headphones.

That is what they advertise, but is not something that can be deliver with just 2 speakers.   It can do 180 sound positioning, it can not make it 360.   

Now joining what you hear with what you see is possible to guess where the sound is coming from, but you can't find out just by listening.

disagreed

Error: 410

I accidentally swapped positive and negative cable on my stereo once. It sounded like the sound is coming from the back instead of the front. Maybe that's how they do it. 

Sadly sound quality at this point is your preferences, you gotta test them out and decide if the improvements (if any?) is worth the extra money.

As for the sound card issue, looks like your out of luck. If you REALLY want the astro MixAmp surround, gotta buy a sound card with optical out. Go for the cheapest option you can find.

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

I have very recently bought these headphones and I am quite happy with them -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR1R-Prestige-Headphones-Silver/dp/B00974PZP0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392249360&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+mdr+1r. They are extremely light and comfortable, also not bulky at all. Great for listening to music on the go. The sound quality is also pretty good, especially compared to any kind of overpriced gaming headsets, like the ones, which I used to want. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I accidentally swapped positive and negative cable on my stereo once. It sounded like the sound is coming from the back instead of the front. Maybe that's how they do it. 

I have tested with everything I have found, and never heard something like it was coming from behind. But hey, if you guys hear it then it works for you. :P

I have tested with everything I have found, and never heard something like it was coming from behind. But hey, if you guys hear it then it works for you. :P

http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php

Try the guitar example and tell me you don't feel like it is playing behind you  :P

Anyways this is off-topic.

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php

Try the guitar example and tell me you don't feel like it is playing behind you  :P

Anyways this is off-topic.

One sounds like is on front to the left, the other sounds on front to the right, not behind.   :lol:

Your brain is doing the positioning, and when you assume the sound is reversed you'll hear it as if it was coming from behind, but if they had switched the sound files and told you the original was the reverse, you would have think that original was coming from behind.

One sounds like is on front to the left, the other sounds on front to the right, not behind.   :lol:

Your brain is doing the positioning, and when you assume the sound is reversed you'll hear it as if it was coming from behind, but if they had switched the sound files and told you the original was the reverse, you would have think that original was coming from behind.

Good enough for me lol. I guess we just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Main PC:

Laptop:

Audio:

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I was wondering what you guys would think good music headphones are? I listen to mostly Rock (metal, metalcore, punk, alt, pop punk, etc, and some dubstep and dnb). I'm looking for something with good-great sound quality and a set that looks nice/stylish. I was looking at the Razer Adaro DJ and the Razer Adaro Wireless. I can't find any reviews on either, has anyone else tried them out? And how do they compare to other headphones?

Also, I've been needing to ask this for a while so I'm just sticking it here instead of making two threads: I have a set of Astro a40s and an Astro mixamp, and for the longest time, I've needed to get a sound card with surround sound capabilities to run an optical audio cable (or whatever they're called, sorry, I don't know much about audio) to allow the use of surround sound in my Astros. I've run out of space inside my motherboard to add any more cards, but I've been saving some money to upgrade my motherboard for more space if need be to get a good sound card. What do you guys recommend?

No. No razer. No gaming headphone. Go good headphone. I like v-moda. They good. crossfade Lp ony 100$.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Sadly sound quality at this point is your preferences, you gotta test them out and decide if the improvements (if any?) is worth the extra money.

As for the sound card issue, looks like your out of luck. If you REALLY want the astro MixAmp surround, gotta buy a sound card with optical out. Go for the cheapest option you can find.

What would you suggest? I don't know anything about soundcards. Also, why pick a cheap option, out of curiosity?

What would you suggest? I don't know anything about soundcards. Also, why pick a cheap option, out of curiosity?

Because all you are doing is sending a digital signal, which all sound the same.

Thanks for all the help so far guys! I think I've just about decided on the M50x's. I just have one question though: are they comfortable to wear around your neck? I don't feel safe stuffing a 170 dollar pair of headphones in my backpack xD

Actually, the Razer Adaro line was designed specifically for music. From what I've read, they worked with the music industry to develop them.

I'm sorry, but lol.

I'm sorry, but lol.

I mean that's what it said on the website.. :\

I mean that's what it said on the website.. :\

Do you plan on believing all the marketing you're fed, or just some of it? 

Thanks for all the help so far guys! I think I've just about decided on the M50x's. I just have one question though: are they comfortable to wear around your neck? I don't feel safe stuffing a 170 dollar pair of headphones in my backpack xD

Yeah, you can wear them around your neck, but unless you have small ears (or I might just have big ones, I dunno) the M50's aren't going to be very comfortable. as far as I've heard, the X-version is just a little bit more comfortable, but at least in my mind, the M50's just aren't comfortable enough to justify the price. I'd take the Custom One Pro over M50's any day. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I recommend the Sennheiser HD 2xx series HD 239 if you open back headphones or HD 229 if you like closed headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-239-Headphones-Black/dp/B005SNPTRS/ref=pd_cp_e_0

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-229-Black-Red-Headphones/dp/B005N8W1EW/ref=pd_cp_e_0

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG