Boot issue Q-code 8d please help

arnekick

Hi i put together my own pc but i still have one issue left.

This is my pc:

THE ISSUE:

When i boot my pc all the hardware rgb goes on but the MB gets stuck on the Q-code 8d. My way to solve this is let it run for a couple of second hold the power button to shut the pc down and then boot the system again then it runs perfectly fine until i shut it down go to sleep and try to boot it the next day.

I have tried to solve this a couple weeks ago but and i couldn't solve it i only had 2 ram sticks. For christmas i got the 2 other ones when i plugged those in my issue was solved and i thought i found it but now the same exact issue is back.

I have run memtest86 and there were no issues. I also contacted rog support but as i expected that got me nowhere.

You can find a lot of people with the same issue but without solution if you search for crosshair viii hero 8d.

Thanks for all the help i would really appreciate it if anyone knew a solution.

LOWERING SOC VOLTAGE A BIT.
I've just lowered bit by bit until I got to 1.07 or so and the error was gone for what I was able to confirm by rebooting the system for tens of times.
Then I've just lowered again to be on the safe side to 1.06250 V 

bpbbZt9.jpg

4 hours ago, JochemNL said:

i have edited the text you can try it

I will give it a shot thanks sory for the late response i was at university.

9 hours ago, arnekick said:

I will give it a shot thanks sory for the late response i was at university.

I may be blind (or tired) but 8d don’t even exist in the manual code list 

E15378_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_HERO_WI-FI_UM_

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

7 hours ago, Whiro said:

I may be blind (or tired) but 8d don’t even exist in the manual code list 

E15378_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_HERO_WI-FI_UM_

That is correct it is not in the manual but you can search oon google with the same issue it does exist but i think the solution from @JochemNL worked. I tried booting it this morning and i didnt got the error. now when i home i will try again a couple times.

@arnekick you can try but i don't really know this motherboard really well but multiple people have the problem try contacting asus if they can help you with your problem 

• 1 month later...

I have the same motherboard (Asus Crosshair Viii Hero wifi), same ram type but I have 3200 speed.  If I use DOCP I get the same error but I can't change the soc voltage.  When I select manual on the soc option is produces another line with auto in in that cannot be changed.

I have the 1201 bios.  Any ideas why the option can't be changed and a manual voltage put in?  I'll hassle Asus with it but I wondered if anyone else knew...

• 1 month later...

Same problem same motherboard, cpu 3950x. Ive tried ao many things, please tell me someone found a fix :( 

• 8 months later...

Signed up just to share something else that worked for me. Mine is a Crosshair VI Hero with a 3600X (previously 18000X - same issue) and 2x16GB G.Skill 3200 RGB sticks. After trying all voltage-based solutions I found on the Internet to no avail, I disabled all LED effects from the BIOS and haven't had an 8D Q-code since. If I were to speculate, I'd guess the LEDs in the RAM or motherboard are either pulling in some significant startup current, or introducing some noise that interferes with the POST. Either way, lights off fixed it for me. I have them disabled in software anyway so I don't miss out on anything. At least now I don't wake up to my PC stuck on an 8D because one of the cats stepped on the power button.

On 1/21/2021 at 7:47 AM, Peter Popov said:

Signed up just to share something else that worked for me. Mine is a Crosshair VI Hero with a 3600X (previously 18000X - same issue) and 2x16GB G.Skill 3200 RGB sticks. After trying all voltage-based solutions I found on the Internet to no avail, I disabled all LED effects from the BIOS and haven't had an 8D Q-code since. If I were to speculate, I'd guess the LEDs in the RAM or motherboard are either pulling in some significant startup current, or introducing some noise that interferes with the POST. Either way, lights off fixed it for me. I have them disabled in software anyway so I don't miss out on anything. At least now I don't wake up to my PC stuck on an 8D because one of the cats stepped on the power button.

Could you send us a picture of the settings?

İ have same issue i buyed new Asus rog strix b550 e gaming Mobo and  corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600 ram 8x2 16gb. İ already did all solutions lowering the soc voltage etc.. İ try everything also asked to Asus but no solution so far... still 8d code. Wait for next bios  update i hope new update fix the problem.