Overclockong

I tried to overclock my 4 years old pc i forgot the cpu i guess its athlon 2 processor and i have a am3+ motherboard, now the problem is it wouldnt boot up any advice what do i need to do??

You have to reset CMOS and try booting again.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Did it work beforehand? If so, clear the CMOS. Check the motherboard manual how you should do that.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If it’s getting past post then you can get into the BIOS. You’re probably gonna have to undo the overclocking. It could be for a number of reasons. You could have done too hard of an overclock and didn’t give it enough voltage. You got unlucky in the silicon lottery and it isn’t good enough for an overclock. Or your motherboard simply isn’t getting the required power from your PSU for the overclock. If it’s an old PC that was prebuilt than it likely has a PSU that is just adequate for its settings. Along with many other possibilities 

I tried to remove the cmos battery still didnt do anything about it. I cant get even in bios to undo the overclocking is there any other way to undo it??

11 minutes ago, Paulanthony said:

I tried to remove the cmos battery still didnt do anything about it. I cant get even in bios to undo the overclocking is there any other way to undo it??

Is it even turning on at all?

It do turn on but nothing appears on the screen keyboard and mouse do lit up

1 minute ago, Paulanthony said:

It do turn on but nothing appears on the screen keyboard and mouse do lit up

Maybe it’s done something funny or you accidentally switched the display output. Try getting a display from the other ports on the motherboard itself 

Tried to switch to different display output nothing works been working this one out for 4 hours already

7 minutes ago, Paulanthony said:

Tried to switch to different display output nothing works been working this one out for 4 hours already

Hmm. Sounds like you’ve bricked it mate sorry. If it’s turning on and your unable to get to the BIOS then there’s not much you can do other then what’s already been said 

You can try removing the CMOS battery overnight. Some boards for some reason won't clear so easily, that's when you have to leave it out overnight.

It's also possible your OC may have borked the BIOS itself. If the BIOS chip is removable you can either use an external programmer to clear and reflash it or simply order another BIOS chip.

There is a guy on Ebay that sells BIOS chips under the name "BIOS Depot", do a search there and you'll find him.
He can send you a chip preflashed with the correct BIOS for your board but you must give him the exact details (Make-model-revision) of your board so he flashes the correct BIOS into the chip.

Cheaper than replacing the board.
Hope this helps in some way.

EDIT:
I'll PM you the link to his store. He's in the US if that makes any difference to you.

Edited by Beerzerker

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.