Intel Core i5 4670K

Noctua L9i (with Silent wings 2 fan)

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2GB SC ACX

550 Watt Strider Gold full Mod

500GB Samsung 840 Evo

2x 120mm be quiet Silent wings 2

Bitfenix Case

The Q display: 55 "memory not installed"

I have the Dominator 16GB 1866 - CMD16GX3M2A1866C9. I know it's not in the list but I don't see a reason for it not to work.

System makes no sound, yes I put a speaker in.

Dram_led lights up and is continuous on.

Q display starts. 15 -> 21 (1-2 seconds till here) -> 55 stays there.

Monitor is not showing anything, DVI, HDMI, VGA doesn't matter.

My Idea, press memok! ... the 1.2.8 led flashes the board is testing the ram, and the dominator's leds are shining bright. than nothing happens at all and the Dram_led is still on and the Q display says 55.

Any ideas?

Greetings

Lighto.

btw have you tried building this outside your chassis?

well you might want to try to push in your ram some more it might not be inserted properly.

Live your life like a dream.

check your MOBO user guide on  those error codes and let us know.

Maybe you should configure in the BIOs for those memories (i guess its the BOOT step wich fails so you can access the BIOS.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I tried to reseat it twice now but it didn't work.

check your MOBO user guide on  those error codes and let us know.

Maybe you should configure in the BIOs for those memories (i guess its the BOOT step wich fails so you can access the BIOS.

Sadly I can't even get in the bios. the Monitor is complete black.

did you test with 1 stick at a time?

Good idea :) I'll go ahead and test them individually 

If the ram is not on the list for supported ram then there is no guarantee it will work, you could attempt a BIOS update/flash but i wouldn't recommend it. Just return the ram and get some of the list of supported ram.

EDIT or listen to the guy right above me, the guy who extracted that idea, remotely, from my head.

EDIT 2 He is now below me as well, i am blocked, no escape. I all seriousness Death_Masta187 has the correct idea, i think.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

just a stupid Question:

http://ark.intel.com/de/products/75048/Intel-Core-i5-4670K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

i5 4670k only can 1600 and 1333? is that relevant for this case? 

It should just use the lower frequencies. But am not absolute on that. 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Sadly I can't even get in the bios. the Monitor is complete black.

You dont need too!

On the mobo there is a screen which is howing numbers when a system fails, The code can be: 68 /56 every number which exist, we need that number to get a solution.

just a stupid Question:

http://ark.intel.com/de/products/75048/Intel-Core-i5-4670K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

i5 4670k only can 1600 and 1333? is that relevant for this case? 

A i5 4670k can support all MHZ ram even a 3100 mhz ram

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

You dont need too!

On the mobo there is a screen which is howing numbers when a system fails, The code can be: 68 /56 every number which exist, we need that number to get a solution.

the Q display: 55 "memory not installed"

and thanks for the other answer ;)

Hi Guys,

My new system won't boot.

System specs:

ASUS Maximus VI Impact

16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

Intel Core i5 4670K

500GB Samsung 840 Evo

Bitfenix Case

I have the Dominator 16GB 1866 - CMD16GX3M2A1866C9. I know it's not in the list but I don't see a reason for it not to work.

My Idea, press memok! ... the 1.2.8 led flashes the board is testing the ram, and the dominator's leds are shining bright. than nothing happens at all and the Dram_led is still on and the Q display says 55.

Any ideas?

Greetings

Lighto.

Try using the motherboard's GPU connectors and see if you can get an active screen and if you can check to see if the both DIMM slots are enabled. It is suppose to be enabled by default but you never know. If the DRAM light says on steady that is an indication that there is a problem at the RAM and as you understandably used the memok button and still you got nothing. I would worry at this point. I would advise that you can try one memory stick in one DIMM at a time and see if you boot. There is a possibility that this particular kit is not compatible with the ASUS Maximus VI Impact and if all offered advice gives futile advice i would carry/send that kit of RAM back and take something else, preferably something on the ASUS Maximus VI Impact QVL list or something recommended by a RAM vendor.

I just check GSkill and Patriot memory and they both have no listing of compatible RAM for the ASUS Maximus VI Impact

Check for yourself....

1. http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/memory_selector.jsp
  2. http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=29&chip=1307&model=0

I guess you can e-mail them for a list.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Upodate: tested each slot and each DDR3 stick. Tested it as well with some older Adata ram. 

nothing happened... I took everything apart again and checked the CPU socket:

hkzh3v6f.jpg

looks fine :/ 

Try using the motherboard's GPU connectors and see if you can get an active screen and if you can check to see if the both DIMM slots are enabled. It is suppose to be enabled by default but you never know. If the DRAM light says on steady that is an indication that there is a problem at the RAM and as you understandably used the memok button and still you got nothing. I would worry at this point. I would advise that you can try one memory stick in one DIMM at a time and see if you boot. There is a possibility that this particular kit is not compatible with the ASUS Maximus VI Impact and if all offered advice gives futile advice i would carry/send that kit of RAM back and take something else, preferably something on the ASUS Maximus VI Impact QVL list or something recommended by a RAM vendor.

I just check GSkill and Patriot memory and they both have no listing of compatible RAM for the ASUS Maximus VI Impact

Check for yourself....

1. http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/memory_selector.jsp
  2. http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=29&chip=1307&model=0

I guess you can e-mail them for a list.

I guess I'll just exchange the dominator to the 2133 or 2400 version (on the list)

Should I exchange the Motherboard or first test the other Ram?

has to be a dead board 

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

Hi Guys,

My new system won't boot.

System specs:

ASUS Maximus VI Impact

16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

Intel Core i5 4670K

500GB Samsung 840 Evo

Bitfenix Case

Any ideas?

Greetings

Lighto.

Does nothing show on the monitor at all? does the pepherials light up. I think I do have the same problem. I tried rebooting it in many ways for half an hour and suddenly it booted and worked fine. Then when I shut it down I have the same problem the next time I try to turn it on

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

Upodate: tested each slot and each DDR3 stick. Tested it as well with some older Adata ram. 

nothing happened... I took everything apart again and checked the CPU socket:

looks fine :/ 

I guess I'll just exchange the dominator to the 2133 or 2400 version (on the list)

Should I exchange the Motherboard or first test the other Ram?

Socket looks sound. This is a give and take, on one hand you can change the RAM to one on the QVL and it will work if the problem is a non-compatible RAM kit, on the other hand if the motherboard has a problem you will put in the same RAM kit and it may not work. I would test the new RAM first as that motherboard is not as understanding as other motherboards..

It is weird though that you have a speaker installed and you got no sound. 

Socket looks sound. This is a give and take, on one hand you can change the RAM to one on the QVL and it will work if the problem is a non-compatible RAM kit, on the other hand if the motherboard has a problem you will put in the same RAM kit and it may not work. I would test the new RAM first as that motherboard is not as understanding as other motherboards..

It is weird though that you have a speaker installed and you got no sound. 

*sigh* I'll update this post as soon as I get the new ram... And if that ain't working I'll exchange the Mobo.

An other side question, should I be able to get into the bios without ram installed? 

*sigh* I'll update this post as soon as I get the new ram... And if that ain't working I'll exchange the Mobo.

An other side question, should I be able to get into the bios without ram installed? 

No the system won't allow that but it should give a message saying no RAM detected and to shutdown and install RAM or something along those lines.  The previous may not occur.

no. only able to power up and use the USB BIOS Flash Utility to update/repair a corrupt BIOS.

either a FUBAR BIOS, motherboard or RAM slots (all 4?)

My Gryphon Z87 doesn't make any sound too, so don't be scared about that. Make sure your memory sticks are installed in the color coordinated slots, also try to use just one of those sticks. If that doesn't work, then you should look in your manual, but it may be possible that your motherboard has a problem...

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

checked the ram a last time today with a system from a friend, ram is ok

So the Motherboard is dead.