is it worth delidding?

i've got an old 3770k that i'm still using to this date with a coolermaster tx3 oced to 4.6 stable, i've used shitty thermal paste, now i've gotten this gd900 which according to techyescity's tests performs better than mx4 and way cheaper lmao, is it worth to delid my cpu and put the fresh thermal paste on to the dye? i'm looking 4.7 or 4.8 and i'm happy

Thoughts, suggestions?

30 minutes ago, UberInferno said:

i've got an old 3770k that i'm still using to this date with a coolermaster tx3 oced to 4.6 stable, i've used shitty thermal paste, now i've gotten this gd900 which according to techyescity's tests performs better than mx4 and way cheaper lmao, is it worth to delid my cpu and put the fresh thermal paste on to the dye? i'm looking 4.7 or 4.8 and i'm happy

Thoughts, suggestions?

The warranty's expired already so if you are sure you can delid it "properly" I'd say go for it. Thermals will certainly do better.

38 minutes ago, UberInferno said:

Thoughts, suggestions?

How close are you to the max voltage your happy with? Risking busting a cpu (although delidding isn't that risky) for an extra 200 mhz is kinda not worth imo. I only suggest delidding new builds as you're risking breaking something you won't use that much longer (compared to a new build).

I wouldn't. Going from 4.6 to 4.7 or bit more won't give you that much of a boost in performance, it's not worth it imo.

Really nothing to lose by going for it.

I did my 3770K sometime ago and it did helps temps under load.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

8 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I wouldn't. Going from 4.6 to 4.7 or bit more won't give you that much of a boost in performance, it's not worth it imo.

10 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

How close are you to the max voltage your happy with? Risking busting a cpu (although delidding isn't that risky) for an extra 200 mhz is kinda not worth imo. I only suggest delidding new builds as you're risking breaking something you won't use that much longer (compared to a new build).

for the games I play every mhz is worth it ?, well i could have quiter fans aswell since they wont need to ramp up as much

1 minute ago, UberInferno said:

for the games I play every mhz is worth it ?, well i could have quiter fans aswell since they wont need to ramp up as much

What kind of games are those? You CAN do it, but things CAN go wrong and you might fuck it up. If you are confident you can do it properly then do it.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

What kind of games are those? You CAN do it, but things CAN go wrong and you might fuck it up. If you are confident you can do it properly then do it.

cba bout risk, everything i've done to this pc had risk involved.

rust is the game that seeps ram and cpu as much as it can.

i'm doin this anyway

Just now, UberInferno said:

cba bout risk, everything i've done to this pc had risk involved.

rust is the game that seeps ram and cpu as much as it can.

i'm doin this anyway

Keep us posted on how that went.