Cleaning my PC, it's her B-day.

So, I built this PC exactly year ago. I want to clean it now. Don't worry, I used dust filters and kept the filters clean and used to remove any dirt every month or 2. But I've had exams for last 2 months. 

I've just removed graphic card and removed the fans on it, and I don't know how to clean the fins. Also, I have cut my finger lol but I don't even know when that happened.

That is why I decided to ask help here lmao.

1 hour ago, Founders said:

Just use can air or a datavac/electric duster. 

If I do that, should I Change thermal paste?

Like, I've cleaned my whole PC case and my monitors and wires and Router. Litrally everything. Except for CPU and GPU fins and CPU fans, As u can see, it's hard to clean Wraith Prism cooler.

Any advice for that?

Me: Takes house vacuum, 3 bendy straws, and duct tape and puts them together using the duct tape to reduce down the vacuum attachment hose to the suction power through 3 bendy straws.  I take components out of the case and do them individually.  Your vacuum will sound like its struggling, it is because its getting very little air in.  The result is an ultra powerful, directional vacuum. 

Static can be an issue.  Keep yourself grounded (can use PSU) and I personally have never had an issue and gets things looking brand new.  Wife just hates the sticky residue the duct tape leaves on her vacuum when Im done :)

EDIT (I don't fear static, I put that in as a disclaimer, I sit on my bedroom carpeted floor when I do this wearing my birthday suit.  Up to you to handle the static as you see fit)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Me: Takes house vacuum, 3 bendy straws, and duct tape and puts them together using the duct tape to reduce down the vacuum attachment hose to the suction power through 3 bendy straws.  I take components out of the case and do them individually.  Your vacuum will sound like its struggling, it is because its getting very little air in.  The result is an ultra powerful, directional vacuum. 

Static can be an issue.  Keep yourself grounded (can use PSU) and I personally have never had an issue and gets things looking brand new.  Wife just hates the sticky residue the duct tape leaves on her vacuum when Im done :)

I have a massive air compressor in my workshop. Shall I take the GPU out and. Go clean with that? And should I just take Allen keys and dissasemble this Graphic card? what precautions shall I take?

2 minutes ago, RAGNES7 said:

I have a massive air compressor in my workshop. Shall I take the GPU out and. Go clean with that? And should I just take Allen keys and dissasemble this Graphic card? what precautions shall I take?

1.) You can break fans doing this etc, if you elect to use compressed airpower above a can of air duster, hold down all movable objects or they might just literally blow off.

2.) I use the above mentioned method because with the bendy straws I can reach everything, no need to disassemble anything.  Even my radiators I can get to 95% of (which is 100% good enough for me) without having to take the fans off the loop.

3.) When I do a real deep clean I always take my components out that I am cleaning.  Not always a full disassemble (motherboard is easy to clean with my straw method in the case still) but its easy to take a GPU out, etc.  Typically I take things out to reach the crevices in a case if I feel I absolutely must (and typically don't).

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

43 minutes ago, RAGNES7 said:

If I do that, should I Change thermal paste?

Yes, anytime you separate a CPU or GPU from it's cooler you need to clean the old paste off with alcohol and apply new paste.  

Holy crap my dude, where do you live that your pc can get this dirty in just one year? 

And also this, lol. 

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

What's the point of censoring a fan serial number?

Like... seriously

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I get my hoover out, use the small attachment with the bristles and go over everything gently., go over the fins on the GP  and the rads for the AIO and get in there with a microfibre cloth on the fan blades... I can't remove the AIO rad/fans easily on my system as it's a very tight squeeze. The filters might get a quick wash and then left to dry on the central heating rad in my office.

Every couple of weeks I go over the front and top panels, pull the front panel and do the filter, pull the PSU filter and do that.

I've not actually opened it up since I installed the 5700XT back in Sept... might have to give mine a clean next week myself.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

4 hours ago, Caroline said:

Like... seriously

Secret fan sauce that we're not worthy to see.

22 hours ago, Caroline said:

Like... seriously

I was waiting for someone to say that lmao. The image size was too big to upload, so I had to resize it. While doing that, I was literally doodling cuz bored xD. At first I wasn't just posting it here, I was posting it on discord and I don't have Discord nitro so that doesn't take anything above 10 Mb. 

17 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Secret fan sauce that we're not worthy to see.

You're one curious pineapple?

20 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Holy crap my dude, where do you live that your pc can get this dirty in just one year? 

And also this, lol. 

This dirt that u see is, after cleaning all air filters every 2-3 weeks and cleaning everything in PC every 2 months. I just never opened the front panel becuz of the wire management.

I live in country side, and people are slowing coming to live here so it's litrally one construction zone after another and all blows dust.

Just imagine, how much dust goes in my lungs ?

Just now, sneazzy95 said:

I'm personally as curious as him, to be honest lol

I explained above. edited cuz discord won't allow big files. And was bored so doodled on everything. Cuz my European friends ask too many questions.