FILE SHARING OVER DIFFERENT NETWORK

Hi

I want to share a folder in my system to a group of friends who are not connected to my network.

Is there any way in which i can share my folder to other network?

i don't want to use google drive or anything that requires me to create an account......i just want to share a folder within my system....if there is a way by which i would not require to login to a drive and constantly share that would be nice.

Setup a small SSH/SFTP server and Port Forward it so they can login and pull files off. Your other option is to setup a VPN at each of their locations so they can all appear on your network to pull files directly using the likes of SMB but that'd get complicated to setup.

Use Filezilla Server and muck about with it until it works, then give your friends whatever credentials you created for them so they can log in either using the Filezilla Client, or just through a web browser.

Keep in mind that the bottleneck is more than likely going to be your upload speed, so I hope you're not thinking of transferring a full Steam game to a friend in any short amount of time, unless you somehow have like gigabit upload speeds.

Desktop : Intel Core i7-7700K 5Ghz - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X - MSI Z270 Gaming Carbon - Corsair VENGEANCE Cyan 16GB @ 3000Mhz - 2 x Crucial 2TB 2.5" SATA SSD in RAID0 - FSP Raider 650W - Corsair H100i v2 240mm AIO - Thermaltake Chaser A51 - Kogan 35" Ultrawide 2560 x 1080 144Hz - Ducky One2 w/ MX Browns - Logitech G502

Media : Intel Pentium G4560 - Gigabyte B250N-Phoenix-WiFi - Crucial 4GB @ 2400MHz - Asus GeForce GT1030 - 120GB SATA SSD - Corsair SF450 - Fractal Design Node 202

ITX Server Intel Pentium Gold 5400 - Gigabyte H370 WiFi - Crucial 8GB @ 2400MHz - Crucial 240GB SATA SSD + Seagate IronWolf 8TB -  Cooler Master S Series 400W - Cooler Master RC-110 mITX

X99 Server : Intel Xeon E5-2670 v3 (12c/24t 3.1GHz boost) - Huananzhi X99-QD4 - Crucial 32GB @ 2400MHz - nVidia GTX 645 - SiliconPower P34A80 1TB NVMe SSD - SilverStone Fara R1 V2

Honestly though, in ease of use?  Just sign up and share through through Google Drive or another cloud service.

If your reasoning for not using Google Drive or another free cloud service is Security concerns then anything you setup privately will really need to have someone who knows what they are doing set it up.

Home PC: Apple M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, 10Gig-E.  Adobe CC and Ripping things + Daily stuff.

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32GB, Nvidia RTX 3080Ti stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: AMD EPYC 7443p 24 Core, SuperMicro H12SSL-CT Mobo, 256GB DDR4 3200mhz, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 100TB+ TrueNAS Core.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.