Help! Save my bro from buying this.. (Beelink X55 mini pc)

Ekkaro

He wanted a general purpose home PC that can slide into his Tv cabnet an run from the tv with wireless peripherals instead of having to buy another laptop that craps out after a few years.

I can't figure out a APU build that's under his budget of £300 ($400) so he's thinking about something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beelink-Windows-Computer-Processor-1000Mbps/dp/B07Y4ZTS4W/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2XPUQEFBJ752H&keywords=beelink+x55&qid=1579173005&s=computers&sprefix=beeline+x55%2Ccomputers%2C137&sr=1-1

We'd like a ITX build that fits in a case like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DO47IAY?pf_rd_p=f20e70b1-67f9-48d1-8c78-ba616030b420&pf_rd_r=Y4MCR4FPSN1GGKD8K9Q0

The most intensive stuff he might require is streaming netflix on a 4k TV but if that's not possible 1080 would suffice. He won't be gaming or video editing or anything on it.

If anyone can suggest a build that fits in the above case for $400 or under I'd be chuffed.

10 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Might actually consider this, couple of questions.

Will the CPU work out of the box with the motherboard or will I need to somehow get a different BIOS on the motherboard?

Will I also need a CPU cooler?

Also, does the motherboard come with onboard bluetooth? I can never tell for certain.

It should work out of the box. It has a cooler included, you need to check whether it fits in the case.

Yes, it has wifi and Bluetooth.