PUBG massive stuttering - 2080ti & 3950x

fletch to 99
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,
3 minutes ago, fletch to 99 said:

Try disabling Fast Startup in windows, make sure to restart the pc afterwards.

Interesting, I'll give that a go. Any idea why that might cause the issue?

game mode ON and OFF while having Game Bar and XBOX DVR disabled. 

Oh good idea I haven't tried this. Fwiw its a fresh install of windows (as of 2 days ago). Do you have recommended steps on how to do this

Fast Startup

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

I always disable it as I often experience issues with stuttering in games when it's enabled, it's not always the cause though. 

The other things can be find in the Settings panel when you click Start menu. 

Hey all - As the title states I'm getting massive stuttering in PUBG. I'm running the game on medium-high settings and I get constantly over 100 FPS.

My specs should be more than capable of running PUBG smoothly - I've got the 3950x, 64GB dominator platinum, and the gigabyte 2080 ti waterforce. 

I managed to capture a video of the stuttering (extremely evident at the 1:30-1:50 mark)

As you can see here the frametimes (measured using RTSS) are all over the place:

spacer.png'

Some other notes:

• I've got gsync on, with a gsync enabled monitor, ASUS ROG PG348... This even happens with it off
  • I've tried the FPS limiter in PUBG set to 100... didn't change anything
  • I'm not overclocked (both CPU and GPU)
  • I've tried borderless and fullscreen mode, both had the same issues
  • Watching the CPU and GPU usage, CPU usage hovers around 8-12% and GPU around 90-95%
    • The temps don't get above 55-60c while gaming, both are in a watercooling loop
  • Lowering the game quality to low didn't help any

I'm at a loss for things to try and would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

Also try with game mode ON and OFF while having Game Bar and XBOX DVR disabled. 

Oh good idea I haven't tried this. Fwiw its a fresh install of windows (as of 2 days ago). Do you have recommended steps on how to do this

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

3 minutes ago, fletch to 99 said:

Fast Startup

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

I always disable it as I often experience issues with stuttering in games when it's enabled, it's not always the cause though. 

The other things can be find in the Settings panel when you click Start menu. 

Well. I'm at a loss for words. One of those two things actually fixed it! Thank you so much @WereCat

~Fletch