Windows 10 Screensaver not starting!

Defonten
Go to solution Solved by Defonten,

The topic can be closed. The fault was the connected receiver from the GameSir T4 joystick. I just pulled the application out of the usb port and that's it. The computer started to go to sleep as expected. Thanks for the GoodBytes advice! ?

Hello everyone, dear friends. Installed on my computer Windows 10 Pro. Such a problem started. The screensaver does not start. What I just did not do. I checked the power settings. The screensaver itself is turned on. What could be the problem ?!

Unless you use a CRT monitor, you don't need a a screen saver. All it does is waste power. And if you have a LCD screen with CCFL as back light instead of LED, then you are only wearing them out.

The fact is that my power settings do not work at all. That is, even the screen does not turn off after a certain time. Everything is turned on properly. But the parameters that I set do not react in any way. By the way, I even reinstalled the entire system from scratch the other day. After installing any game through Steam, such a problem begins.

Does anyone have any idea why the power settings do not work on Windows 10 ?!

1 hour ago, Defonten said:

Does anyone have any idea why the power settings do not work on Windows 10 ?!

Ensure that your system is properly configured in the BIOS/UEFI. Make sure that the power saving features are enabled there.

Make sure you have all your drivers installed under Windows, including but not limited your chipset drivers.

You can also run a diagnostic under Windows by opening the command prompt or PowerShell as Administrator.

Then,  type and execute commands:

cd c:\
powercfg -energy

A report file will be generated, once done, in C:\

On 1/24/2020 at 5:21 PM, GoodBytes said:

Ensure that your system is properly configured in the BIOS/UEFI. Make sure that the power saving features are enabled there.

Make sure you have all your drivers installed under Windows, including but not limited your chipset drivers.

You can also run a diagnostic under Windows by opening the command prompt or PowerShell as Administrator.

Then,  type and execute commands:

cd c:\
powercfg -energy

A report file will be generated, once done, in C:\

I have a B360 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI motherboard. I can not find where the energy management. I didn’t touch anything there. All drivers are installed.

The topic can be closed. The fault was the connected receiver from the GameSir T4 joystick. I just pulled the application out of the usb port and that's it. The computer started to go to sleep as expected. Thanks for the GoodBytes advice! ?