Asus Essence One or a good sound card?

Analog

The metal shrouds on soundcards are all flair. Sure, they might block SOME of a particular interference, but since the card isn't completely enclosed and it also comes in direct contact with the mobo, it is largely useless. Some soundcards do employ effective shielding around the DAC chip, but the rest of the circuits are left exposed.

Only the audio part of the amp needs to be shielded, plus I don't know and can't know how they are fixed on.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Only the audio part of the amp needs to be shielded, plus I don't know and can't know how they are fixed on.

If the shroud connects to the case you can assume it's grounded, but if it's also grounded on the PCB a ground loop could occur. Also, I've never seen a shroud which covers the rear of the card.

If the shroud connects to the case you can assume it's grounded, but if it's also grounded on the PCB a ground loop could occur. Also, I've never seen a shroud which covers the rear of the card.

A ground plane should be enough, this can be hidden in a multilayer PCB. A ground loop happens when there is one loop, but a shield will have the faraday cage effect.

I'm pretty sure about the shielding stuff.

I was thought that a speaker had a linear impedance responce, my bad.

in that video or another teksydicate video they explained that the shielding is bs. not sure if u even watched that entire vid -_-

yea u should read the links they are very accurate and meant for people to actually understand things.

those tek videos are just trying to convince the average person not to buy a soundcard using things that are inaccurate to make them understand a bit more than they used to

A ground plane should be enough, this can be hidden in a multilayer PCB. A ground loop happens when there is one loop, but a shield will have the faraday cage effect.

Pretty sure if they devoted a whole layer of pcb to a grounded plate/cage they would market the shit outta that.

A ground loop can happen in any number of loops.

@ShearMe @needmorewood I give up, I'm going to bed. I will return though.

Although it is done in varying degrees for RF circuits, to devote an entire PCB layer to a solid ground shield would be more costly and less beneficial than a solid back plate. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.