Pc components

I know dont know sh*t about pc components but i need help to find out how i get more fps the easiest (and cheapest) way. Tell me if i dont have enough information.

i play around 60 fps. what component(s) should i buy to get bettter fps without bottlenecking? 

This is the best information i could find about the pc:

Cooler Master Elite 310 - ATX

seagate desktop HDD ST1000DM003 - 3.5

corsair vs series VS650 - 650W 120 mm

ASUS strix GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5

kingston valueram - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz

Intel core i5 6400 / 2.7 GHz skylake

ASUS H110M-A DDR4 - mATX LGA 1151

You don't really have any good parts at all to be honest, they're all pretty outdated and the power supply wasn't an ideal buy in the first place. 

What's your budget? If you have enough it's probably a better idea to put together a new one and reuse the HDD.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Hi Mate,

Without knowing what resolution of kinds of games you are playing, I reckon that the easiest (and cheapest) way to "get more fps" would be to replace the graphics card with something newer, like something from the AMD RX 5500/XT family, nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 family, or if you can stretch, something like an RTX 2060 Super.

Hard to say if your processor will bottleneck any of those GPU's, it depends on what kind of games you are playing, and I would test to see if it is bottlenecking your 960 before going much further. It would be fairly simple to also replace the processor with say a second hand i7 from that generation if that is the case.

It would also be worth replacing the HDD with an SSD, and you will very likely need a new power supply for a new graphics card...getting pretty close to replacing the whole thing in terms of cost.

Cheers,

I think just get an i5 9th gen and 16GB 3200 mhz ram. Keep the 960, you may need to upgrade soon, but for now, it can hold 60 fps in new games.

1 hour ago, KoolkatBrianYT said:

I think just get an i5 9th gen

It's less expensive to get a Ryzen 5 3600... Plus you'll get better performance.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

20 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

It's less expensive to get a Ryzen 5 3600... Plus you'll get better performance.

Its actually less expensive to get the i5 because he can just throw it on the mobo and call it a day, if he were to say he had a bigger budget, i would tell him to do the same

1 hour ago, TheGlenlivet said:

What games and what resolution is your monitor?

Rainbow Six: Siege & Rocket League on 1080x1920

2 hours ago, Pengu, destoyer of worlds said:

I know dont know sh*t about pc components but i need help to find out how i get more fps the easiest (and cheapest) way. Tell me if i dont have enough information.

i play around 60 fps. what component(s) should i buy to get bettter fps without bottlenecking? 

Its a solid little system on paper for what it is. Its sort of a dead end platform that you're on though. For the games you listed 
(R6, RocketLeauge, Destiny) I'd reccomend a graphics card upgrade. Any of the following would be a nice upgrade that would increase FPS in those games: GTX 1070 (used) GTX 1660 SUPER, GTX 1660 ti, or maybe a GTX 1660.

The rest of you components are kind of budget/lower end, but capable enough for the games you're playing. Upgrading the processor using your existing motherboard feels like a poor-ish choice since an i7 that is compatible with your motherboard just feels like a poor value for the money, not to mention that the anemic VRM on your motherboard would be really toasty if you did. An SSD upgrade would be advisable, but it wont increase FPS.

Really you're just looking at an entire new computer beyond a graphics card upgrade. If you decide to build a new system, i advice choosing an AMD platform. If you decide to stay with intel, you can keep your 8gb of ram, especially if you dont care about overclocking. You can also keep you case if you like it and your hard drive if you are satisfied with its performance.

If youve got money to spend, I'd sell your current pc and get an all new one. If you're on a budget, i'd upgrade the graphics card now, and start saving for a new system.

EDIT: to make the best purchasing decision, I would suggest downloading a monitoring software such as MSI afterburner and then play destiny since its probably your most demanding game and then see just how much of your resources are being taken up. You want to pay attention to GPU usage, CPU usage and RAM usage. If the game is using 99% GPU, 60-70% CPU, and like 6GB ram then you have enough cpu headroom to upgade to better graphics card. If it looks something more like 99% GPU and 90% CPU and 8GB RAM used, you really just need an entire new PC for more performance.

You could possibly keep your power supply by the way for the new system, but it is low end and many would advise against this. Its well suited for your current system TBH.

if you absolutely had to, you could get more performance out of your current system, you could hypothetically upgrade to a used i7-6700 or used i7-7700 (whichever is cheaper) and then get a new graphics card, but these used i7's are ususally overpriced relative to new stuff. It also just kind of makes the whole system unbalanced.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

14 minutes ago, KoolkatBrianYT said:

Its actually less expensive to get the i5 because he can just throw it on the mobo and call it a day, if he were to say he had a bigger budget, i would tell him to do the same

An intel 8th or 9th gen Core i5 is not compatible with the H110 chipset. Even though its the same socket.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

Probably the best "cheap" GPU to upgrade to would be the GTX 1650 Super for around $150. To get a CPU boost without a new motherboard it might be worth considering a used Intel i7 7700 which would just drop in, provided you've got your motherboards BIOS up to date.

CPU - Core i7 4770 RAM - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz GPU - XFX RX 470 4GB

SSD - 1TB TCSUNBOW X3 PSU - 500W Aerocool Integrator

4 hours ago, BarackOBatman said:

An intel 8th or 9th gen Core i5 is not compatible with the H110 chipset. Even though its the same socket.

Really? I'm not an intel guy, thanks for telling me.

8 hours ago, Pengu, destoyer of worlds said:

There is no way to avoid some form of bottlenecking in every game, and it would be nice to know what your budget is.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

On 1/9/2020 at 1:41 PM, KoolkatBrianYT said:

Unless the manufacturer is lying, that motherboard only supports 6th Gen Intel... Also, a 3600 + motherboard costs less than the cheapest 9th Gen Intel.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms