I found an old pc article

murph0981

So in humanities we have to make a collage of stuff and I found this in a pc magazine article from Christmas of 2007. I found it interesting. I’m holding onto it until 2027 to see if this comes true.

186AF14A-18F7-495C-8505-9E6A5401FFAB.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" -Kernal Sanders
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer specs: i7 8700, GTX 1650 OC 4GB, 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM, Asus B360M-A Motherboard, Acer GN246HL Monitor.
Hardware: Razer Blackwidow V3, Razer Deathadder essential, Kraken Tournament Edition Headset.

Benchmark link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know why you are holding on it. Its simply just predictions by the writer of that article, nothing important or valuable or even worth keeping for that alone.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

I dont know why you are holding on it. Its simply just predictions by the writer of that article, nothing important or valuable or even worth keeping for that alone.

You’ll never know if it’s right unless you keep it. Plus it would be sick to see that they predicted stuff from 20 years before.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" -Kernal Sanders

Computer specs: i7 8700, GTX 1650 OC 4GB, 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM, Asus B360M-A Motherboard, Acer GN246HL Monitor.
Hardware: Razer Blackwidow V3, Razer Deathadder essential, Kraken Tournament Edition Headset.

Benchmark link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn I wouldn't mind some fat cache to run all of the Os on

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

Well... In 2004 Windows XP was the latest Windows(please correct me if I'm wrong I was a toddler then), and this reply from 2009 says that you can get a Windows XP installation under 300mb. 

EPYC CPUs go up to 256mb of cache, so their 2018 prediction is kinda correct although the 256mb ones were released in 2019

EDIT: didn't see that it was published in 2007, thought "In 10 years and beyond" meant that 2014 was 10 years ahead

Edited by _d0nut